What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

playlist interuptions

dafrancis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have an iPad Air running iOS 8.1.3. For over a year we have enjoyed listening to our music playlist all night long by using the repeat playlist option. The last couple of weeks we wake up to silence. Something is interrupting it and the music stops. I have not been able to find anything in the settings to fix it. Anyone have any suggestions?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You don't have some type of notifications turned on or some other reminder type event setup, do you? Just checking. Otherwise, that's rather strange. No reason it shouldn't just keep playing....?

OP
D

dafrancis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't have some type of notifications turned on or some other reminder type event setup, do you? Just checking. Otherwise, that's rather strange. No reason it shouldn't just keep playing....?
That was one of the first things I checked. The times seem to be random. This morning I woke up at 7AM and turned it back on and it turned off in about ten minutes. I always make sure that the repeat playlist option is turned on. I also turned off automatic backups.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The latest software for your iPad Air is 8.2. It was released last Monday, and fixed a problem related to the Music app. So maybe updating your device will help.

OP
D

dafrancis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That was one of the first things I checked. The times seem to be random. This morning I woke up at 7AM and turned it back on and it turned off in about ten minutes. I always make sure that the repeat playlist option is turned on. I also turned off automatic backups.
Good idea. I will give it a try.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After updating, don't forget to reset/reboot your iPad:
Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. As soon as it's visible, let go of both, the iPad will power up on it's own.

OP
D

dafrancis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After updating, don't forget to reset/reboot your iPad:
Press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. As soon as it's visible, let go of both, the iPad will power up on it's own.
Thank you J.A. I did not realize that. We are ready to test it tonight.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
YAY! Johanna saves the day once more! [emoji7][emoji170][emoji56]

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Johanna does a lot of stuff for me on this forum all the time. So, I like TO thank her whenever the opportunity arises. I know, not too long ago I thanked everyone in my post ( not long ago ) because they are such kind, thoughtful and wonderful people.. So, here's a HIP HIP HOORAY for all MODS and IPF members who take time out of their day to help the rest of us when we are in need of it. [emoji4][emoji172][emoji4][emoji170][emoji39][emoji172]

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

Most reactions

Latest posts