What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Playing podcasts: stop after one!

RikP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get my podcasts through iTunes and have a dozen or so subscriptions with many episodes in each. When I select one to play my pad starts with my selection and continues to play the rest in the list. How can I set it to play only the one I've selected?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are several ways to accomplish this. If you want to play a selection of your podcasts, you can set up a playlist by pressing the '+' symbol at the bottom left hand corner of the iPod screen. Here you can add the podcasts that you want to play - perhaps just one - and give that list a name. That playlist will now appear in the left hand bar of the iPod menu and you can touch it to just play the podcasts in that list.

Also, when a track or podcast is playing, towards the left of the bar that shows the progress of the track, there's a small symbol with a couple of arrows in a circular shape. If you press that you can change it so it has a small '1' in the shape and that will then stop the play after the podcast you're currently playing has finished.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if anything is not clear.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

OP
R

RikP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim

I looked for the circle arrow icon but could find nothing! I took a couple of screen shots which are in my photos here, but I can't find a way to attach them from my iPad. There are several screens that I can bring up while listening, but I cannot find the icon. Any more help? Is there a way I could attach the screen shot?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the screen shot is on your PC you can use the ‘Manage attachments’ button that’s towards the bottom of the Forum web page when you compose a reply.

The ‘icon’ that I was referring to is in the iPod player - to the left of the track progress bar. It’s more of a ‘race track’ shape - it’s small - if you repeatedly press it, it changes the behaviour of the repeat function.

Tim
Scotland

OP
R

RikP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, Tim, Now my big deal was to figure out how to get my iPad screen shot from the photos there to my computer. Probably the sync does it, but looking for it I discovered that many of my most recent apps are not backed up by my sync. Well, that's another question. One at a time.

I ended up email me the two screenshots which I'm attempting to get up here. These two screens are playing a podcast episode of The Moth. I get this by clicking the "ipod" app. I don't see the icons you refer to

Rik

So the pictures on my Mac appear full size. Let me try again... Hmmm. I don't see that option to save attachments now. I'll reply again instead of editing this message... I'll get it YET

Attachments

• Moth1.jpg
    Moth1.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 670
  • Moth2.jpg
    Moth2.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 630
Last edited:
OP
R

RikP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah, I think I figured it out. The image from my iPad was a png file and the upload here gives a minimum height and width. So I saved them as jpg and am trying again... wish me luck...

Okay, this worked. I should have rotated these somewhere along the line. Sorry

Attachments

• Moth1.jpg
    Moth1.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 669
  • Moth2.jpg
    Moth2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 618

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - that is weird - you're right, no 'race track' icon. You get an envelope in the place where I get a 'race track'.

OK, then, the only suggestion I have is to make up some playlists with each podcast as a separate playlist - i.e. one playlist per podcast.

Then you can simply play that playlist and, when it's finished, it will stop.

It's not a very elegant solution, I agree but it should work.

Get back if you need more 'help' (though I can hardly call what I've suggested 'help' :)

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions