What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipod App on Ipad2

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I loaded several podcasts onto my IPad. They ended up in the music category, but I don't know if that's causing the problem that I'm having. When I play one, which is categorized as it's own album, when done it moves on to the next album in the list. I can't find a setting that will stop the app after playing just the album I selected. Anybody know how I can do this?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you're playing the music a little 'racetrack' icon appears to the left of the title. If you click on this you can change the way in which the various tracks are played - play once, repeat, random, etc.

Tim

OP
J

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
When you're playing the music a little 'racetrack' icon appears to the left of the title. If you click on this you can change the way in which the various tracks are played - play once, repeat, random, etc.

Tim

I set the racetrack icon to play once. The problem is that after that one play rather than stopping it moves on to play the next album. I couldn't find any other settings. Anything else I can try?

OP
J

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jrs22 said:
I set the racetrack icon to play once. The problem is that after that one play rather than stopping it moves on to play the next album. I couldn't find any other settings. Anything else I can try?

I'm replying to my own post to add that with the same setting on my IPod the podcast/album plays and then the IPod stops.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is strange.

Go into iTunes, right click on the podcasts, select Get Info, and change the media type to Podcast in the Options tab, and then re-sync. That will stop it from showing up as a music video, and possible make then behave properly in the iPod app.

You can change more than one at a time if you select multiple podcasts. Only items you change in the dialog (with a check mark beside them) will be changed in each file.

OP
J

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
It is strange.

Go into iTunes, right click on the podcasts, select Get Info, and change the media type to Podcast in the Options tab, and then re-sync. That will stop it from showing up as a music video, and possible make then behave properly in the iPod app.

You can change more than one at a time if you select multiple podcasts. Only items you change in the dialog (with a check mark beside them) will be changed in each file.

While this is a strange phenomenon, there are more interesting mysteries to ponder now that you've solved my problem!

I sometimes want to play something to help me fall asleep, and it's not helpful if I need to stay awake to shut down the app.

Most reactions

Latest posts