What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pixelskin HD Wrap for Ipad 2

Swingman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like that one as well. Just wish there was a release date so I could know if I can wait for it to be available.

I wonder if the flap has the same function as the smart cover where it auto wakes the ipad when opening and auto-sleeps when closing. Kinda doubt it since it's not a bullet point and that would be something they'd probably brag about.

SporkLover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That case looks great. Apple should have released something along those lines.

Too bad I had to have a cover when I bought mine at launch.

OP
briankeith513

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like that one as well. Just wish there was a release date so I could know if I can wait for it to be available.

I wonder if the flap has the same function as the smart cover where it auto wakes the ipad when opening and auto-sleeps when closing. Kinda doubt it since it's not a bullet point and that would be something they'd probably brag about.

Yeah, I doubt it too, but I don't care as much about that functionality, as I do everything else about this product.

OP
briankeith513

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That case looks great. Apple should have released something along those lines.

Too bad I had to have a cover when I bought mine at launch.

Yeah, as nice as the smartcover is, I don't get why they thought it was ok to NOT protect the back of the device? Well, they must have known what they were doing because the smartcovers are selling like hotcakes.

Swingman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if this pixelskin cover, the belkin covers, etc would have had much effect on smart cover sales if they had all been available at launch.

I'm sure smart covers would be the bestseller regardless being the official apple cover but I'd guess some are buying it due to lack of many options at the moment.

Last edited:

Katrina2475

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this case on preorder at Amazon in Raspberry. I read somewhere that it doesnt use magnets that it has a suction cup like technology. I think it was maybe on their Facebook page that I read it. In the meantime I have a pink smart cover and I am naked on the back. I hope it arrives soon.

OP
briankeith513

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On March 31, on Twitter, Speck said the black PixelSkin HD Wrap will be in Target stores on the weekend of April 16th, then online shortly afterwards. I got my Ipad 2 this past Saturday, 4/2/11, so I need some protection, pronto.

OP
briankeith513

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
some targets have the PixelSkin Hd Wrap in stock today. I just picked one up. Ask for Item #057000453 yfrog.com/hs91204231 $39.99

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk

Avionyx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like this.

I have the PixelSkin HD for my iPhone 4 and its a wonderful case, really rugged and feels good in the hand.

The only issue I have with it is you can't charge the iPhone or connect it via USB as the size of the port at the bottom is badly designed. I hope this doesn't have any similar problems.

Also see that, as usual, us European buyers get screwed on the prices. Same in £ as it is in $!

Still going to order one now though :D

Alex

Spongebob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Argh! I was at Target returning something. Thought they were going to be in stock on the 17th. Going to try and get one tomorrow and probably return smart cover.

OP
briankeith513

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like this.

I have the PixelSkin HD for my iPhone 4 and its a wonderful case, really rugged and feels good in the hand.

The only issue I have with it is you can't charge the iPhone or connect it via USB as the size of the port at the bottom is badly designed. I hope this doesn't have any similar problems.

Also see that, as usual, us European buyers get screwed on the prices. Same in £ as it is in $!

Still going to order one now though :D

Alex

You won't have that problem with this case. I'm loving it so far.

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This case looks awesome except it doesn't have the sleep wake feature. Why can't someone just make a case that offers everything? Most will have a lot of features that you want but leave out one or two. Very frustrating. Waiting on my Marware CEO hybrid case for iPad 2 seems to have all the features and protection I want.

OP
briankeith513

briankeith513

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This case looks awesome except it doesn't have the sleep wake feature. Why can't someone just make a case that offers everything? Most will have a lot of features that you want but leave out one or two. Very frustrating. Waiting on my Marware CEO hybrid case for iPad 2 seems to have all the features and protection I want.

This is the thing that I don't understand. Why is that important? We can easily press the button at the top. The Malware doesn't cover as much of the device. There is more of the bottom exposed, and the volume button, whereas the PixelSkin Hd wrap covers all of the bottom and covers the volume button too.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Matt1226

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really love the pixel skin. Looks amazing. Don't get me wrong I love my new iPad and wAnt to protect it at any cost. I just love the feature, though flawed slightly with the light sensor. I want to use all the new features whenever possible. I use mine for work and love being able to open it and get to work. I even took the stock lock off of my android phone.

Most reactions

Latest posts