What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pixelation (blurry videos) on ipad2 questions

djphelan01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What would cause pixelation on some videos played on my iPad2? I had thought the videos were just poor quality but when I watched them on my PC they looked great. I then thought that the iPad just showed it as poor quality. I checked my wife 's ipad2 and the videos looked great. It only seems to be videos I watch of motocross racing from two sites I go to racerx.com and allisports.com. Is it possibly a setting on the iPad?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you streaming them (like you would from YouTube), or have they been downloaded first?

If streaming in the browser, the web site may be detecting that you are either on a mobile device, or have a slower network connection, and be streaming you a more low res version of the same video.

OP
D

djphelan01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I am streaming them. My wife's iPad 2 plays the exact same videos perfectly. I tried my daughters mini iPad and hers was the same as mine. I would have thought that there might be a setting that's different between my wife's and mine since they are the same model and the same video.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Djphelan.. - I'm assuming that all the iPads tested are using the same browser (e.g. Safari) or is there an app for the site? Also, same Wi-Fi network? If so and if not already done, you might want to try the usual steps when an app(s) is misbehaving - close your browser (or the app) and then try a 'Force Close'; if not effective, go down the list in sequence and re-test; directions quoted below - let us know your results and good luck! Dave :)

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up); press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts