What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of iPad killer

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I have to agree with Gentle. The apps for Android are generally crappy, mostly because you can't (without rooting and going through a certain process) install apps to the SD card. While the iPhone/iPad has a huge storage amount, even when an Android phone has 8GB not all of that is usually reserved for apps, especially on the older ones.

That being said, I'm still pre-ordering a Droid X.

Think you're making a safe bet with that phone. It's looking like it has the 2.2 system on it. If so, my understanding is that you will finally be able to utilize all of the memory for loading apps, like Apple. If that's the case, MAYBE they can start getting better quality apps. That's one of the biggest stumbling blocks at the moment. Well, that, and the fragmented OS with different versions across all different phones.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it's shipping with 2.1 but supposed to be updated this summer. By the time I really get to use it after I get back from Germany, it will probably be updated. I'm not buying it for the apps, I will use it for tethering, texting with a big keyboard, occasional internet surfing, calling, and email.

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Well it's shipping with 2.1 but supposed to be updated this summer. By the time I really get to use it after I get back from Germany, it will probably be updated. I'm not buying it for the apps, I will use it for tethering, texting with a big keyboard, occasional internet surfing, calling, and email.

Hmmm, I'm wondering about it shipping with 2.1. They're advertising it on the website specifically pointing out wifi hotspot. I'm surprised they would modify the programming on the phone rather than wait the little bit for 2.2. But God knows, with Verizon, anything is possible.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
lol.... :)

Old news...... you signed up just to post that? Wow........

Looks like he signed up to advertise it, seeing as how it's his sig now. This forum attracts more spammer than Megan Fox attracts tattoos.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have to say that there are a lot of posting about how much wrong is with the iPad, and how Android or Win 7 will save the day against the evil Apple empire. Of course we find these same people voting in every election.....

T

TJK

Get an account on Alibaba or Global Sources and do a search for 7 or 10" MID or tablet PC and you get tons of these Android craplets - some of the 7" units are as low as $80 USD with no MOQ. Come up with a stupid name derived from some format using "tab", start a website, and send a press release to engadget and gizmodo.......and Voila! You are in the tablet biz! All you need now are a few clowns to use the "iPad killer" meme and you are really on your way.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We will have to wait for the HP Slate to come out running Palm's Web OS for there to be some competition. These knock off android tablets just plain suck.

T

TJK

I think it is going to be much harder than people think to build a really good tablet. The anti-apple crowd whines incessantly about what is missing from the iPad but I believe it is what is missing, ie; it's simplicity, that makes it successful. Think about all of the crap people complain about with windows ( driver and hardware compatibility at the top of the list) and they expect an underpowered, crippled OS, and CPU to be solid just because it has a touch screen? Ouch. Android and WebOS, while mobile platforms, may not scale to a large device as well. Not that it can't be done, but Its going to take some time to get right.

Most reactions

Latest posts