What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photo to Mov file

thetwins2003

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sometime ago I had an app on my iPad mini w/retnia that would take a single photo and create a mov file where the color of the photo would start at the original then transition to a sepia color, I have looked thru all my apps and have not found it also looked on iTunes, I thought maybe it was iPhoto but since its no longer available it is no longer on my device, my library or on iTunes

Attachments

• IMG_0966.zip
    308.9 KB · Views: 329

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Pics2Mov app looks promising. It says It has filters (but not whether they will work like transition). I wasn't interested enough to download it and give it a try.

The workaround would be to use your favorite picture editing app to make two versions of the picture, one nomral and one sepia, then use your favorite movie app to transistion between the two.

I did a quick test using Snapseed to edit and save a second version of a photo, then iMovie to make a movie that transioned between them. The biggest limitation is that iMoive's longest transition time is 2 seconds. You also have to make sure you turn off the Kens Burns effect (unless you want it.

Other movie making apps, like Pics2Mov may offer more flexibilty since they are specifically desiged for this kind of slideshow/movie.

Here's the quick test I made. Very short, and the transition is mild. Excuse the auiod. I should have turned that back off before uploading. :oops:

Most reactions

Latest posts