What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Stream.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I recently noticed that photos weren't showing up on my new iPad Pro.
Tonight I thought I would get to the bottom of it, I did all the usual things, checked Photo Stream was on on all three devices.
I turned Photo Stream off and on again several times, I rebooted, you name it and I did it and nothing worked.
Just as I'm thinking I give in, I'll ring Apple tomorrow all my new photos started showing up.....
Wierd or what? :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Keep in mind that Photo Stream does not sync between devices. Nore is it stored in iCloud. All it does is copy photos taken on one device to another. It’s temporary, with both a time and size limit. The photos in Photo Stream are unlikely to be restored by toggling it on/off.

Now, the photos in the iCloud Photo Library, those are stored on iCloud, sync between devices, and might be resotred if you toggle it on off. Though it sounds more like your iCloud service wasn’t syncing. There could be several reasons for that.

Bad internet conection.
Depending on your settings, the library won’t sync on your cellular connection.
Stuff.

Note: If you are using iCloud Photo Library there is little reason to have Photo Steam enabled. It will just duplicate photos. The only case that I can think of where it would be useful is if you have an older devices that are not using iCloud Photo Libriary (like an older, incompatible iPad).

Most reactions