What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to keep photo stream on, but not upload new pics?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Simple, I want the pics on my iPhone to upload to photo stream, so I can view on my iPad, but I DON'T want photos taken my iPad uploading to photo stream. Is this possible? Or is it simply an all or nothing thing?

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends on if you're running iOS 6 and whether or not you mind a little manual intervention.

If you turn off the photo stream but leave the shared streams enabled you can create a shared stream not actually shared with anyone and that will sync. It's a manual process though since you have to manually add photos to the shared stream that you want on both devices.

Another method (and the one I actually use) is I actually sync the photo stream folder on my computer via iTunes. It's not easy to setup if you are already syncing photos via iTunes, and you have to manually cleanup your folder or it will end up filling up your iPad if you're not careful :)

The setup I use only really works if you don't mind your stream being outdated every time you take pictures between syncs.

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
joeyteel said:
Depends on if you're running iOS 6 and whether or not you mind a little manual intervention.

If you turn off the photo stream but leave the shared streams enabled you can create a shared stream not actually shared with anyone and that will sync. It's a manual process though since you have to manually add photos to the shared stream that you want on both devices.

Another method (and the one I actually use) is I actually sync the photo stream folder on my computer via iTunes. It's not easy to setup if you are already syncing photos via iTunes, and you have to manually cleanup your folder or it will end up filling up your iPad if you're not careful :)

The setup I use only really works if you don't mind your stream being outdated every time you take pictures between syncs.

I actually do like both solutions! Will try them both out to see which I prefer. Thanks for your help

Most reactions

Latest posts