What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo sort

bibititta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:confused: I have tranfered pictures to my iPad, but they are not showed in the order I have on my comtuter - that is the 'Name' order. I have arranged pictures from several days and modified the name (or number). On my iPad they are instead sorted and showed according to the 'Date-time picture taken order'. How can I change that - Are there any app to determin the sort order???
looking forward to get an answer.
Birgitta

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bibititta said:
:confused: I have tranfered pictures to my iPad, but they are not showed in the order I have on my comtuter - that is the 'Name' order. I have arranged pictures from several days and modified the name (or number). On my iPad they are instead sorted and showed according to the 'Date-time picture taken order'. How can I change that - Are there any app to determin the sort order???
looking forward to get an answer.
Birgitta

You can create albums, but not custom sort the photos in them

Have a look here

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/1246-creating-photo-albums-ipad.html

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no way to do this in the Photos app.

If you need/want greater control over how your photos are sorted and organized there are several third party options. I don't use one myself, but here is a list of decent options you can use to start looking for exactly what you want.

Photo Organization Apps: iPad/iPhone Apps AppGuide

Don't get too hung up on the rankings on the site. Many forum users like the less essential apps. It all depends on the feature list, price, and what appeals to you. And read the descriptions on the App Store closely. I'm not sure all of these will run natively on the iPad.

Nigel2112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Late to the party but here's an answer.
Search for "How to sort photos in iPhoto so they sync on the iPad correctly" on the Apple discussion forums.
I cannot add a link for some strange reason.

deldol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My problem is that I actually want my photos sorted by date order but it's not happening. When I first sync a file from my Windows PC the photos appear on the ipad in correct date order and I can flick through them or run a slide show in the correct order. However, when I click on "photos" and then "albums" the photos rearrange themselves into alphanumeric order by file name. This means all the photos taken with my wifes Canon camera (with file names beginning with IMG) appear first and then all my photos taken with a Panasonic camera (with file names beginning with P) appear next. I am trying to get a response from Apple Support but that's a problem in itself. Does anybody else have my problem or is it unique to my ipad - it's an ipad2 with the latest iOS5.0.1?

Most reactions

Latest posts