What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Manager

matssee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a good photo manager for the new iPad.
I have tons of photos in Lightroom that I have exported to jpegs. In Lightroom they all have star ratings. I'd like to view them on the iPad.

So the built-in photo app got old pretty fast. I then downloaded a free app called iPhotoAlbum. It was pretty basic and didn't support filtering or sorting.

So I bought an app called Photo Folder. It was supposed to support EXIF data, sorting and filtering. There were some problems, though:
* My star ratings weren't shown
* It seemed to sort the files not based on the date the picture was taken, but when it was added to the iPad
* I had to use FTP to upload, and that was really, really slow, plus it failed all the time.
* It can only filter on one star rating at a time, e.g. only showing four stars or only showing five stars, but not both at the same time.

So that wasn't a good app. I've heard good things about an app called Photo Manager Pro. But I can't be sure it solves my problems. It might have the same problems as Photo Folder.

To summarize, I'm looking for an app that:
* Can use USB/iTunes to transfer photos (preferably not using the built in photo app, since it re-encodes and degrades the photos)
* Can read the star ratings from Lightroom
* Sorts photos based on the date and time they were taken
* Can filter on the rating, preferably with an or condition, so I can see photos with for example four or five stars.
* Can put the photos in different folders

Help :)

Jpb31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you have any luck ? Finding that program for your photos. I'm looking for the same thing

Most reactions

Latest posts