What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo/Image Saving Problem

krmiller01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First time posting here, I am having a simple issue I just cannot seem to figure out. When I go to save a screenshot or "Save Image" from a website in Safari, it does not show up the Photos, or anywhere for that matter. I understand there is supposed to be a "Saved Photos" album for these types of things, but no such album exists and isnt generated when I try and save images.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening, or what I can do to fix it?

mk1151

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First time posting here, I am having a simple issue I just cannot seem to figure out. When I go to save a screenshot or "Save Image" from a website in Safari, it does not show up the Photos, or anywhere for that matter. I understand there is supposed to be a "Saved Photos" album for these types of things, but no such album exists and isnt generated when I try and save images.

Your understanding of what should happen is correct - the first time I took a screen capture, when I selected "Photos" a "Saved Images" album appeared and the capture was in it.

I would say head over to a genius bar... did you Jailbreak your iPad? If you did, that could also somehow be causing the problem.

OP
K

krmiller01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ya, I jailbroke it right after spirit was released. I am perplexed though as to what would be causing the Saved Images album to not be created?!

nikkinova

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem,
download ifile and delete the 100APPLE folder located at var/mobile/Media/DCIM/

so now a new will be created when you save a picture via safari

worked for me ;)

SP201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No "saved photos" album created - problem solved

Thanks so much Nikkinova! I too, was not able to save any edited or downloaded photos, and no "saved photos" album was created. We have 4 ipads in our family, all jailbroken, and mine was the only one with this problem, so I did not suspect that the jailbreak itself was the issue. Your solution of deleting the 100Apple file worked for me and was a very easy fix. Just to be safe, I moved the file via the camera kit USB to a flash drive in case the file deletion caused a problem, but everything seems to be OK and the 100Apple file was recreated once I saved a photo. I can't imagine how you figured this out, but many thanks as I was very disappointed at being unable to save my edited photos while on vacation.

A100

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

I was having the same problem after upgrading to iOS5, I wasn't jailbroken at the time either. This solution worked for Me also. Thank God for ifile and jailbreaking! I would've had to restore if it wasn't for those options. Thanks for the post too!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
krmiller01 said:

Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a Community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking, then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the iPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SP201 said:
Thanks so much Nikkinova! I too, was not able to save any edited or downloaded photos, and no "saved photos" album was created. We have 4 ipads in our family, all jailbroken, and mine was the only one with this problem, so I did not suspect that the jailbreak itself was the issue. Your solution of deleting the 100Apple file worked for me and was a very easy fix. Just to be safe, I moved the file via the camera kit USB to a flash drive in case the file deletion caused a problem, but everything seems to be OK and the 100Apple file was recreated once I saved a photo. I can't imagine how you figured this out, but many thanks as I was very disappointed at being unable to save my edited photos while on vacation.

Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a Community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking, then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the iPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions