What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

photo app that can read directly the sd card or flash drive?

yeahman45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have just bought a camera connection kit with sd card reader in it... seems to be a trial and error to make it work in ifile.. sometimes it shows as a flash drive sometimes not.. and ios displaying message "content could not be read" or "This accessory is not supported by ipad".... anyway i have some mp3 on it and can't seem to play then with audio player or goodplayer :( .... any idea?

another question: is there a photo app that can auto-mount the sd card and show the photos as if they were on internal storage? thx in advance

edit: mp3 seems to play with VLC! :):):) ..still searching for a photo app that can automatically find the photos in the sd card so that i don't need to go on ifile each time

Last edited:

andrewak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeahman45 said:
..still searching for a photo app that can automatically find the photos in the sd card so that i don't need to go on ifile each time
native iPad Photos app will find photos if they'll be placed in folder "DCIM" on external storade, but it will allow only to import them with one option - whether delete them from source or not.

OP
Y

yeahman45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so i need to import to view them? or i can view them directly? if i need to import, that's no use as my ipad is already full

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can see the thumbnails, but to actually look at the photo, you will have to import.

Even with a jail broken iPad, you have to "import" the photos into an app to view them. I believe iFile is the only way you can look at photos without putting them onto the iPad itself (it's kind of like the Mail app in that it has a quick view function and doesn't need to save the files). It's a function of the "sand boxing" as designed by Apple - apps have to put the file into their area in order to access them.

So, there's no way around it - either view the photos in iFile or free up some space on the iPad. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
Y

yeahman45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ah ok pretty annoying... i am surprised there's no photo app that can navigate through all folders like ifile

Most reactions

Latest posts