What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo album/presentation app recommendations

JohnnyS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad2 newbie. I have a collection of my kids' childhood photos. I'd like to make them into a gift for them - some kind of album, maybe some special effects, and I'd like to create a music background. Any suggestions on the best apps that would help me organize, create a nice presentation with some background music? All opinions gratefully received and carefully considered! Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Something you could export and send?

The only thing I can think of is iMovie. I have not played with it yet but I'm reasonably sure that you can import photos from the Photo's albums, use ken burns effects to zoom in out and around them, add transitions, and add a music track from your iPod app library. You would end up exporting this as a 720p HD movie that they could play on their computer.

For details on how to do it, you'll have to ask the pros. I'm still trying to get my hands on an iPad 2, and won't bother with iMovie until I have one.

andykeating

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.isol.co.in
Hey you can use the Sortshots app.With it you'll be able to organize all your photos by adding tags to them in the form of personalized keywords,ratings etc..With this app you'll be able to create slide shows of the photos along with multiple songs in background..

1tip from my side when you create a slideshow, play those songs in background that were your kid's favorites during their childhood days.

They'll definitely love your gift..All the best :)

OP
J

JohnnyS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photo Album Recommendation

Thanks for your recommendation, Andy. Unfortunately, the reviews on the Sortshots app are really, really bad. I think I'll take a pass. I wish that more apps would offer a limited-time trial. (I certainly would if my apps were getting negative reviews...) JS

Most reactions