What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

phone screen protectors

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TP's iPhone screen bit the dust. My VZN sales guy is pushing the new glass screen protectors and showed me one that "saved the phone" screen by cracking instead of the phone screen I have a plastic protector on my current phone but none on my iPad.

SO thoughts on protectors I should get when I get a new iPhone 6.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TP's iPhone screen bit the dust. My VZN sales guy is pushing the new glass screen protectors and showed me one that "saved the phone" screen by cracking instead of the phone screen I have a plastic protector on my current phone but none on my iPad.

SO thoughts on protectors I should get when I get a new iPhone 6.
A screen protector will not stop the screen from breaking if the screen impacts an object with sufficient force, such as falling from waist height to rocky ground. It will help stop pieces of the broken screen from coming lose. In addition, because the screen on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus has curved edges, the screen protector can't reach all the way to the edge. Twerppoet's screen breakage was caused by an impact at the very edge of the screen, where it meets the metal case, an area no screen protector can protect.

The glass used in the latest iPhones and other smartphones is very tough and often harder and more scratch resistant than the glass screen protectors. Glass screen protectors do have benefits, though. The sandy environment at the beach contains sand particles hard enough to scratch even the toughest glass iPhone screen glass. The glass screen protector would be scratched instead, saving the actual screen surface.

OP
n4uau

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for input, my thinking too. An inexpensive plastic protector that is easily replaceable would seem ideal then.

Most reactions

Latest posts