What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

phone bluetooth to ipad mini, is it possible to share web connection?

ED_OG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am curious to know if I can share my Internet connection from my cell phone to my iPad mini using Bluetooth. i know it may be slow and not ideal but I want to utilize it as an option thanks. Go team ipadFORUM.NET!!!!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have a tethering plan set up on your iPhone, you can use the personal hotspot on your iPhone to connect your iPad to the Internet via Bluetooth or WiFi.

OP
ED_OG

ED_OG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a tethering plan set up on your iPhone, you can use the personal hotspot on your iPhone to connect your iPad to the Internet via Bluetooth or WiFi.

I see. Suppose I dont have a tethering plan. Is my blue tooth option a clever way to get by that or am I under the wrong impression?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I see. Suppose I dont have a tethering plan. Is my blue tooth option a clever way to get by that or am I under the wrong impression?

No, you need a tethering plan. Most carriers allow tethering at no extra charge, a few charge extra for it. You should contact your cellular carrier and enquire about it.

Most reactions