What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

philipdale

Philipdale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have received a photo (jpeg) on an email. When I save image it shows only a square that shows jpeg in the middle. No picture --- what is wrong?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum - :)

Typically an attached JPEG image will come into the iPad Mail app 'opened' in the message; then by pressing on the image a dialog box will appear allowing a number of options, such as saving to your photo app.

You might want to better explain what the attachment looks like on the email since the behavior does not appear to be the above. Also, how are you saving the image?

A further suggestion is to email yourself a message from another computer and attach a JPEG image, then see how it appears on the iPad - the problem may be w/ the image sent originally - good luck!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes, the Mail app does not automatically download the image (it'll have a dotted outline versus a solid one. Pressing the image should make the Mail app download the whole thing.

Then, you can choose whether to open it using the rudimentary Mail app image viewer or "Open In..." as mentioned by giradman.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
P

Philipdale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Hello and welcome to the forum - :)

Typically an attached JPEG image will come into the iPad Mail app 'opened' in the message; then by pressing on the image a dialog box will appear allowing a number of options, such as saving to your photo app.

You might want to better explain what the attachment looks like on the email since the behavior does not appear to be the above. Also, how are you saving the image?

A further suggestion is to email yourself a message from another computer and attach a JPEG image, then see how it appears on the iPad - the problem may be w/ the image sent originally - good luck!

I opened the file on a computer and saved using adobe photoshop. After sending to the iPad I was able to save image properly.

Most reactions

Latest posts