What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PG17 - I thought the iPad was supposed to be "family friendly"

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A month or two ago, Apple removed the "adult" titles from their top sellers list in the iBook store. They still sell the books, but they were simply removed from the list. Well someone at the App Store didn't get the memo!

Here is today's (9/16/2010) 76th top free app --

ipad30.jpg

lprmcnit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see the sex position App only has a 2 star rating???? Maybe more research and development is necessary. ;)

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see the sex position App only has a 2 star rating???? Maybe more research and development is necessary. ;)

Or maybe those bad ratings came from the few people that managed to break their iPad by having it near them while following the instructions in the book.

Andymyrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A month or two ago, Apple removed the "adult" titles from their top sellers list in the iBook store. They still sell the books, but they were simply removed from the list. Well someone at the App Store didn't get the memo!

Here is today's (9/16/2010) 76th top free app --

ipad30.jpg

Those apps are still all over the iPhone app store too.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sheesh... It's only sex....

Perhaps if a child is old enough to be left alone with uncontrolled access to the app store, they're old enough to have sex explained to them. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
(very loosely related..)

There is a consumer affairs show on the BBC called Watchdog. The other week they showed the story about how "terrible" in app purchases are, and highlighted the case of a man who's six year old son ran up a bill of hundreds of pounds with these in app purchases in a game. He waxed and whined about the pretty graphics which appealed to children, and how easy it was for children to run up huge bills, and WHY APPLE DOESNT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

Presumably, they didn't think anyone would be as obviously bloody stupid as to give a 6yo their sodding iPhone.

(realised some time ago that it's not children I hate, but their idiotic parents ;) )

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wouldn't you also have to give your 6 year old your password?

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess so.. They were never clear on that bit other than mentioning that it stores your password for a short time... Worse thing is, Apple actually refunded him...

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Damn 365......Do I really want to end up in casualty?

"Tonight My Dear we have 213 with the satin trapeze and the feathers......"

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn 365......Do I really want to end up in casualty?

"Tonight My Dear we have 213 with the satin trapeze and the feathers......"

LMFAO too funny!
As for the sex stuff and or running up a huge bill I blame the parents for letting lil kids play with their ipad/iphone there is a password for a reason hello!

Most reactions

Latest posts