What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pets who share your life ??

Pets who share your life ??

• Cats

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Dogs

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Birds

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Horses

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rabbits

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fish

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Reptiles

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Mice/Guinea Pigs/Hamsters etc

• Farmyard animals

• Other

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have been more helpful:). That link is in the "Post your pet" thread which is a long one extending back to February 2011. On the web site my post in that thread was #2212 on May 7, 2014. Here's a quick snap, in poor lighting, of my faithful pooch at my feet while I write this: Andrew Sent from Oz using Tapatalk
He looks perfectly comfortable. :)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He looks perfectly comfortable. :)

Yes he's very relaxed now that he has got used to his new home. He's quite a laid back little dog and nothing much seems to worry him. Except maybe seeing another dog on the TV when he makes rather weird growling noises...his take on being protective I suppose:)
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
image.jpg
Charlie!
Well, I grew up on a farm, we even had a zebra, a calf born with two heads, and another calf that was born a miniature! We called him Mighty Mite.i don't know where that name came from? Anyone?
When I moved here I had 2 horses, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 goats,20 chickens ( 1 was a rooster, 19 hens) , 1 donkey.
Now I'm down to 3 cats, 2 dogs, 12 chickens.
I have a question for pet owners. One of my dogs is part Bouvier/ part Wolfhound. YES, very hairy! I think he might have a tick, but how do I find a tick on a very hairy dog?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just use some anti-tick/flea stuff: a collar or the dose. It will fall off on it's own eventually.

The only other method is to use your fingers. The dog won't object. They like a full body rub.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
His coat is so thick I can't get down to his skin without a steel comb!
I do have some of that liquid stuff I can put on him. Will it kill a tick that's already there?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
His coat is so thick I can't get down to his skin without a steel comb!
I do have some of that liquid stuff I can put on him. Will it kill a tick that's already there?

Probably. If not, the tick will eventually fall off on it's own. The main concern should be to prevent the ticks in the first place.

Using the steel comb will remove the tick, but it would probably do a nasty job of it and leave the head embedded. Not to mention, hurt.

If there is a better way of dealing with the problem, I don't know it. Sorry.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Maybe I will do the treatment stuff and run my hands over his coat! Does a tick burrow In to deep fur? Do you know? If I just have to look at areas where his fur is thin that would be easy!

Last edited:

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, Andrew! What a wealth of information! And witty too!:p Not to mention cute! You must have been a slayer when you were in college! I bet you didn't even know it because you went to all guys school!​
I have lived here for almost 20 yrs and never saw a tick! However, Charlie just fell down a few times, his leg just went out from under him, the first thing I thought was, " oh, crap, now he's taking on my problems." They do DO that! Did you know? Then I remembered that it was a sign of ticks!! :eek:

the damps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We've been Labrador owners for most of the last 50 years. We currently have two yellow males, Bailey is 11 years old, Angus is 10. We rescued Bailey from our local Humane Society 6 years ago and Angus through Seattle Purebred Rescue 18 months ago.

These two will probably be the last ones. At almost 73, I'm not quite strong enough to keep Angus under control if he gets excited. My wife is younger, but much smaller, and she can't control him at all. She has a history of rotator cuff sugery on both shoulders to prove it!

Most reactions

Latest posts