What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Personal] Review of ZAGGmate (Bluetooth Keyboard/Case)

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MsTapp said:
I got an email that my ZAGGmate isn't going to ship until April 30. I'm so disappointed.

Odd. Their website is saying April 19th now for shipping of all preordered Zaggmates. I wonder if something has gone wrong? Fortunately I have gotten an email about a delay (at least not yet.)

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Confused about Zagg Shipments

ZAGG will begin shipping Wednesday the 6th and should be all caught up by Monday the 11th. Retailers wil be getting it around the first of next week also.

Regarding the exposed back on iPad. I understand your point and ZAGG may do something in the future that deals with that. Not a guarantee, but we are aware of that concern and we like to give people options when possible. This is in no way an attempt to change your mind, but what most people find is it is just as safe as a MacBook would be while staying very thin and light. Aluminum on top, aluminum underneath, glass protected in the middle. If you are concerned about scratches, invisibleSHIELDs, LEATHERskins, ZAGGskins, and many other products deal with that. Ironically, there are many cases out there that leave the glass exposed but you never hear anyone say, "but the glass is exposed." I suppose the best way to cover both sides is a folio type design. I find it interesting that even Apple went away from that concept. I think Apple's move validates our thoughts about the ZAGGmate somewhat.

This sounds defensive and was not meant that way at all. I understand your point and even Porsche makes an SUV. ZAGG is aware of your desire and may be addressing it. Keep your eyes peeled.

I just saw that the webstite changed it's shipping date. Earlier this week 'Zagg" the guy who works there and responds to our comments posted this. I was hoping to get a shipping confirmation email this week. I guess not.

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mstapp, from whom did you receive that email? I'm unaware of any emails like that. I assume you ordered from ZAGG.com, right? We did add a few days to shipping for NEW orders but everyone else is still fine. We should be caught up with all but the orders placed in the next few days by early to mid next week as expected. Hang in there. We expect to be able to remove Pre-order completely by the 19th.

MsTapp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered from amazon.com and mygearstore is fulfilling the order. The email is from mygearstore. Should I cancel and re-order from ZAGG.com?

ZAGG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to tell you what to do but I can say we haven't shipped any to outside distributors like that and likely won't for some time. ZAGG.com is the best place for now and there is a large retailer who will be getting them soon too. Sorry, can't say the name until product is on shelf but you can figure it out.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
gmaines said:
I got an email that mine shipped last Wednesday.

Did the status of your order ever change in your account at zagg.com? I've been checking mine periodically but it still says pending order.

realistdreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPS says mine is scheduled for delivery Tue April 12th. Of course, my iPad2 is not scheduled for delivery until April 21st so I'll be waiting either way.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
realistdreamer said:
UPS says mine is scheduled for delivery Tue April 12th. Of course, my iPad2 is not scheduled for delivery until April 21st so I'll be waiting either way.

When did you order the zaggmate?

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only got my zaggmate in January so don't really want to get the zaggmate 2 yet, has anyone successfully used the old zaggmate with the iPad 2, maybe with a bit of a mod?

Cheers

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Katyoshi said:
What's the benefit of this device compared to the apple Bluetooth keyboard?

The difference is that the ZaggMate is much more than a standard keyboard - it is also a case and a stand for your iPad, so it's always with your iPad when you need it. I originally had the Apple bluetooth keyboard (which is very nice, by the way), but I never it had it with me when I needed it. Now, with the ZaggMate, I ALWAYS have a physical keyboard with me! I use it every day, all day and love it.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I read somewhere in this forum, maybe even this thread, that you can put the iPad 2 (with smart cover on) in the zaggmate 1st gen and get a snug fit.

Most reactions

Latest posts