What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People who steal content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While I agree with you about not supporting the people who steal, your analogy of the store is not correct. For instance, I can walk into ANY bookstore, peruse the books and open them up and read a few pages. I can then put it back on the shelf, no harm no foul.

I understand what you are saying but for me to pay 10 bucks for a book I do not know anything about is ludicrous. My favorite authors that I read? I pay for. Books that I "peruse" on the iPad then read? I pay for.

I also always pay for apps that I use. I may try an app ....

But to lay out 5 - 10 buck on an app that I have NO idea what it does or what it is like, well I don't agree. Screenshots look great, actual program is horrible. And the reviews are of no use, they can be faked. Offer a free "Lite" version or a time limited trial ....

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Well the thread started out ok. There are plenty of free books that are available for free without stealing. However towards the end of the thread people started posting how they illegally obtain paid books for free. Other forum members called them out about it but your right nothing was dont about the original post.

I say report the post. Under the posters name there is a small report button. It seems like the illegal posts only get removed when I report them.

While I agree with you about not supporting the people who steal, your analogy of the store is not correct. For instance, I can walk into ANY bookstore, peruse the books and open them up and read a few pages. I can then put it back on the shelf, no harm no foul.

I understand what you are saying but for me to pay 10 bucks for a book I do not know anything about is ludicrous. My favorite authors that I read? I pay for. Books that I "peruse" on the iPad then read? I pay for.

I also always pay for apps that I use. I may try an app ....

But to lay out 5 - 10 buck on an app that I have NO idea what it does or what it is like, well I don't agree. Screenshots look great, actual program is horrible. And the reviews are of no use, they can be faked. Offer a free "Lite" version or a time limited trial ....

rsava while some would think the way your doing things are OK, it really isn't. Its not like you say where you just brows the store and look through it and decide to purchase. It's great that you say you still purchase books/apps that you like. But what your doing is more like going to a book store and stealing a few books when you leave, then you return the stolen books you didn't like and pay for the ones you like.

Books in the iBook store do provide previews of the books for you to read. Same with music, and apps have description and screen shots.

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok, lets stop the hyper vigilance. If you notice someone stating how to aquire things illegally, rather than posting a thread calling the forum corrupt, hit the little orabge !! button under the username. We will gladly delete these posts. Understand, noone is getting paid to moderate this forum. We all have jobs and none of us could be expected to read every word of text that passes thru the forum. Therefore it is imperative that anyone that frequents the forum help out by reporting inappropriate content. Mike does this all the time.

Noone on this forum are supporting the theft of property tangible for virtual....so again, please report these posts and they will taken care of.

btw, as this was the first time hearing about this problem thead, I have fixed it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts