What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDP authentication error

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
happy 4th of July from Ireland!

I've been using my 3G iPad for a few days without a sim but purchased a micro sim yesterday pre pay data but for the life of me can't connect to the 3G network and keep getting a PDP authentication error (what ever that is). I was using my iPhone in the same area without a problem. I have registered the sim and my online account is showing credit.

So far I have

Restarted the iPad with sim in
Restarted iPad with sim out and reinserted the sim
Reset the network settings

I am on the O2 network but have googled this error and it has happened to At&t customers so thought I would post here.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
That seems to be from the current network at your location either getting overloaded and kicking you off or They are having issues and their network is going down.

shouldnt be anything on your end.

OP
P

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That seems to be from the current network at your location either getting overloaded and kicking you off or They are having issues and their network is going down.

shouldnt be anything on your end.

Thanks. Yeah I'm sure it most be their end. Hopefully I will get it sorted tomorrow

Pramod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Possible Solution for PDP authentication failure

I was facing the same problem. Although i still could not put my finger on the problem but I guess it is because of:
1. The iTUNES App store account not set up properly and
2. Phone not synched with ITUNES.

Using below steps helped me:

1. Create a NEW Account using another email id. Use the procedure given below: theappledaily.com/2008/08/04/create-free-itunes-account-without-credit-card/ (Could not post http link here)

NOTE: Follow precisely as mentioned above! One important thing to remember is to keep your country as US - Even if you are in another country, it would not create any trouble. 2. Once you are done creating the id, verify your account from your email.
3. NOW, go to iTUNES on a laptop/Desktop and sync your phone with the itunes.

These 3 steps helped me solve my "PDP authentication failure" problem and now I am able to use my phone everywhere - using service providers internet.

Hope it helps to you.

Regards,
Pramod

happy 4th of July from Ireland!

I've been using my 3G iPad for a few days without a sim but purchased a micro sim yesterday pre pay data but for the life of me can't connect to the 3G network and keep getting a PDP authentication error (what ever that is). I was using my iPhone in the same area without a problem. I have registered the sim and my online account is showing credit.

So far I have

Restarted the iPad with sim in
Restarted iPad with sim out and reinserted the sim
Reset the network settings

I am on the O2 network but have googled this error and it has happened to At&t customers so thought I would post here.

Mathe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was facing the same issue when I went to vacation in spain.
In the biginning the cellular internet connection was working fine, but after a few days it broke with the "PDP Authentication Error". After 2 days of waiting everything was working again.
I think MikesTooLz is right.

Wossuup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pdp error

All you need to do is edit your apn settings to suit the carrier for your sim card
BAM!

Most reactions

Latest posts