What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PDF files look bad in GoodReader

adjunkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made a PDF for the iPad to be used in GoodReader. The images in the file look fine on the computer but very dark with a lot of detail loss when opened in iBooks or GoodReader. I made sure the settings in GoodReader were for viewing high quality images. Still the images look bad. Any ideas? Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's going to depend on the program you used to create the PDF. Look at the export settings, especially quality and color space.

OP
A

adjunkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I figured it out. IPad will only display screen resolution PDFs. My file was a hi res PDF. I wanted the images to remain clean when zoomed in on. The solution was to make document 3x larger then the iPad dimensions then export the document out at screen resolution. When zooming in at 300% the images still looked good.

Most reactions

Latest posts