What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password protector Apps

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Been thinking about getting one because I can't remember all my different passwords and usernames.

Would love to hear suggestions about different apps, pros and cons.

With one of these apps would I only have to remember 1 password? Would it log me in automatically on each of my different sites?

Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, there are plenty of Password Managers available - a simple search @ the App Store will bring up a LOT of options to review - I'm sure that you will receive responses for personal favorites, but I'll just mention the ones my wife & I are using: 1) She has DataVault on her iPad Mini and also on her iMac (two different versions of the same & each was a paid app) - allows a single PW to enter the database & easily syncs; 2) I've used SplashID for several years - app on my iPad 2 & on my MBP - similar basic features to the previous one described - check the websites & reviews to determine if all your needs may be served - both have worked fine for us; NOW, there are plenty of other options, so just starting the 'ball rolling' - good luck in your choice! Dave :)

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been using pwSafe for a while and I love it. I used LastPass at one time and it was great, though a little slow for me.

OP
Ipad Now

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 7 is going do have a cloud keychain, would that be what I'm looking for or is an app the way to go?

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 7 is going do have a cloud keychain, would that be what I'm looking for or is an app the way to go?

From what I understand, the cloud keychain will likely replace password management apps.

OP
Ipad Now

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
From what I understand, the cloud keychain will likely replace password management apps.

It doesn't seem to save app passwords just full sites. Will this change?

brambish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't seem to save app passwords just full sites. Will this change?
I enabled iCloud Keychain but I don't see a new app icon. How do you access the app to put in information? I tried accessing one of my password protected sites in Safari hoping that it would ask me if I wanted yo save the id and password but it did nothing.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I enabled iCloud Keychain but I don't see a new app icon. How do you access the app to put in information? I tried accessing one of my password protected sites in Safari hoping that it would ask me if I wanted yo save the id and password but it did nothing.
There's no app. In Settings - Safari - Passwords & Autofill enable Names and Passwords (and perhaps Credit cards). When you open a website and login, iCloud keychain will ask you if you want to save the information.
Here's some information about Keychain: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5813?viewlocale=en_US

Last edited:
OP
Ipad Now

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Some sites don't allow you to save passwords and no Apps allow you to save passwords. So for these were on our own I guess.
For these situations would a password protector app do the trick?

Most reactions

Latest posts