What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password cache app?

kitkay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a app that allows me to store the username and password for a installed app on the iPad?

I have a app that I log onto with username and password but if I come out of this app, I need to re-type the details so looking for a app that will cache this.

thanks.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1Password. It will securely store all of your login information and has a number of other features as well.

1Password

If you use it with Dropbox (free) you can sync all your 1Password information with all of your devices and computers.

Dropbox - Simplify your life

Both are highly recommended!

OP
K

kitkay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
1Password. It will securely store all of your login information and has a number of other features as well.

1Password

If you use it with Dropbox (free) you can sync all your 1Password information with all of your devices and computers.

Dropbox - Simplify your life

Both are highly recommended!

Thanks Buddy,

I had a quick look and appears to cache password for URL's links but will it store passwords for iPad apps?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kitkay said:
Thanks Buddy,

I had a quick look and appears to cache password for URL's links but will it store passwords for iPad apps?

Ah, got it. Yes it will store passwords for anything, they don' have to be associated with URLS.

But, no, AFAIK nothing like that exists for automatic app logins or probably could exist as each app is its own program.

I know a lot of my apps store logins themselves but if it's not part of the program I'm not sure how else it would work.

At least with 1PW you could use the copy/paste feature.

Someone else may have some ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that a "workaround" I use for some of the sites I visit on a regular basis is the iPad's built-in Notes app. I've saved a few passwords there...without identifying what they're for. (Most of my passwords are 24+ characters so typing them in each time isn't very practical.)

Before I use the app that requires the password I open Notes and copy the password...then open the app and paste it in. It would work for email addresses or just about anything else I suppose. It's not elegant but it works.

Most reactions

Latest posts