What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Password protecting files

Jono6177

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. My iPad gets used most of the time by me, however sometimes it's shared within the home. I have numbers installed and I have some spreadsheets that I don't want anyone other than me to see. Is there a simple way of protecting such files e.g password to open etc. any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Jono

garstongal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try a useful little app called 'My Secret Folder'. There is a lite version you can try - I think it will do exactly what you need. You access it via a passcode ( if anyone else tries to access it, the camera takes a photo of them silently!) and once in, you can save files, photos, even browse the Internet before exiting the app and leaving no trace to other users. Only irritation is that the folder is called My Secret Folder! What a temptation, eh? :)
Let me know if this helped...

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could also try "My Apps" - its a secure folder that requires your combination/password to enter and you can store many different types of docs including spreadsheets.

Available in apps store.

OP
Jono6177

Jono6177

iPF Noob
Reaction score
garstongal said:
Try a useful little app called 'My Secret Folder'. There is a lite version you can try - I think it will do exactly what you need. You access it via a passcode ( if anyone else tries to access it, the camera takes a photo of them silently!) and once in, you can save files, photos, even browse the Internet before exiting the app and leaving no trace to other users. Only irritation is that the folder is called My Secret Folder! What a temptation, eh? :)
Let me know if this helped...

Thanks for this. I have tried this very tempting folder. It is good but it doesn't seem to allow you to had the files you create with Numbers. Mmmmmm. Will keep pondering and see what comes up. Once I find a solution, I'll post up here to confirm. Thanks again

OP
Jono6177

Jono6177

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ziffos said:
You could also try "My Apps" - its a secure folder that requires your combination/password to enter and you can store many different types of docs including spreadsheets.

Available in apps store.

This sounds interesting. I'll give this a shot now and will let you know how I get on

Most reactions

Latest posts