What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PaperLike Screen Protector

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with this screen protector? The blog site for the GoodNotes handwriting app reviewed it and gave it good marks. It apparently offers a surface that has some friction---like paper. The PaperLike website claims it also reduces glare.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No link given - for those interested, look HERE - there is a good video - however, no comments from me, i.e. seems to be made for an iPad Pro w/ an Apple Pencil which I do not own. Dave :)

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lots of reviews on this product. If you draw or write a lot it's a must have. However its a thin film an it does reduce glare AND clarity.

PrismStudios

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.prism-studios.org
I’m a professional illustrator, who has just discovered art on the iPad. I have no issues with the surface of the glass. I don’t want anything between me and the sensitivity of the bare screen( gee, that sounded....provocative ). It may be a good idea for taking notes, or sketching, but for heavy illustration/ painting where clarity, and precision is a must ?....maybe not. L

OP
Tuttle

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just an update. After my iPad Pro original edition went belly up I bought a new iPad Pro, 3rd gen. I took the opportunity to get and apply the PaperLike screen protector.

First story: I followed the directions on the video whose link comes with the protector. Even though I am a bit "thumb fingered," I had no problem applying it. Furthermore, my response to the protector is very positive. It cuts way down on light reflection, giving the screen a satiny appearance that I think is attractive and easy on the eyes.

Second story: Since I liked it so much, I ordered one for my daughter's original iPad Pro as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately, I made an error on Amazon in checking out and mistakenly got the 10.9 inch version. The PaperLike rep was quite nice about it and is sending me a replacement larger sized one at no charge. I think that is going the extra distance!

He asked me to pass the smaller sized one on to someone who could use it. Therefore, if you are interested, pm me and I will send it to the first person who responds. I only ask that you pay the postage.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How would a satin finished screen protector affect how fast the tip of the Apple Pencil wears down?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I ordered one for my iPad Mini a few weeks ago. It ‘finally’ arrived today.

6A6C2846-EAB1-4CAB-9402-576FCF8E49FC.jpeg

Note: The ugly handwriting is normal for me.

Most reactions

Latest posts