What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandor from Lost Ipad

PamMambee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Long story short, I lost my iPad back in December. I immediately replaced it and downloaded the last backup from iCloud. One of the apps that was put back on was Pandora along with all my selections I had made on the lost iPad. Interestingly enough, I go to open Pandora today and there were a bunch of selections that weren't mine. When I went into Pandora's settings, I noticed there was an email address that definitely wasn't mine. I did a Google search on it, and low and behold I tracked it back to somebody local.

Several questions: Even though iCloud never showed the lost iPad ever attempted to access the internet, thus completing the lock I had set up, is it possible this person reloaded the iPad, downloaded Pandora, and it changed my settings on the new iPad with their current preferences? Wouldn't that only happen if they never reloaded the iPad at all? And if that is the case, how come iCloud never picked up that it had connected to the internet giving me its location?

Last edited:

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"I did a Google search on it, and low and behold I tracked it back to somebody local."

I don't know anything about Pandora, but what I would do is go and retrieve my old iPad !! 8)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe your missing iPad hadn't been connected to the Internet at the time you used find my iPad. Have you run it since you noticed the pandora problem?

OP
P

PamMambee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"I did a Google search on it, and low and behold I tracked it back to somebody local."

I don't know anything about Pandora, but what I would do is go and retrieve my old iPad !! 8)

I don't have an address, but after I posted this I was able to get the guys name, DOB, city he lives. Problem is, anything short of catching him with it, he can easily tell a cop he doesn't have it. Plus, he may have purchased it from the guy that snagged it in the first place. I'm working on his address to at least track him down and then decide where to go from there. I wanted to at least figure out why Pandora has updated with his info on my NEW iPad.

OP
P

PamMambee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe your missing iPad hadn't been connected to the Internet at the time you used find my iPad. Have you run it since you noticed the pandora problem?

I was checking it quite frequently the first week or so. iCloud actually will tell you if, and, when it connected. The last action I put when it does connect still has not been executed which led me to believe they reconfigured it. That was until I saw Pandora updated with his info. Now I don't know what to think. I was hoping somebody more familiar with the app might be able to clear that part up for me.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While you may never be able to prove how he acquired your iPad, it's still your legal property. Keep trying the find my iPhone app. It's been used to guide police to stolen iPads before.

OP
P

PamMambee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While you may never be able to prove how he acquired your iPad, it's still your legal property. Keep trying the find my iPhone app. It's been used to guide police to stolen iPads before.

Thanks for the input. I completely agree with you. Ran it last night and will continue to check. It would be nice to get it back. The organizer that it was in was more valuable to me as it had all my work notes. I would be happy with just that at this point. But the iPad back with it would be an added bonus.

Thanks again!

Most reactions

Latest posts