What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panasonic problems.

Murphy150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi can you help please?

I borrowed my daughters Panasonic DMC-TZ7 digital camera in place of my Casio Exilim camera (far better zoom and sharper pictures) to take on holiday to the Norwegian Fjords but now cannot download the short videos I took to either my PC or directly to my I Pad 1.

When I returned the camera sim card used in the Panasonic camera to the Casio camera the videos have completely disappeared and cannot be played on this camera.

Any idea why please and how do I rectify?

Kind regards. Murphy150.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi can you help please?

I borrowed my daughters Panasonic DMC-TZ7 digital camera in place of my Casio Exilim camera (far better zoom and sharper pictures) to take on holiday to the Norwegian Fjords but now cannot download the short videos I took to either my PC or directly to my I Pad 1.

When I returned the camera sim card used in the Panasonic camera to the Casio camera the videos have completely disappeared and cannot be played on this camera.

Any idea why please and how do I rectify?

Kind regards. Murphy150.

Are you trying to connect the Casio camera to the PC and download the videos to the PC that way, or do you have a card adaptor? The reason I ask is because Casio and Panasonic cameras label their video files differently and the videos you took on the Panasonic will be incompatible with the Casio - but should play OK on your PC. But if you're trying to download the videos taken on the Panasonic with the memory card plugged in to your Casio, then that's where the problem lies....

So, some possible solutions...

If you can borrow your daughter's Panasonic again for a short time, you should be able to connect that camera to your PC and download the videos.

A second solution is if you have a USB memory card reader that can accept the memory card that you used in the Panasonic. Downloading directly from the memory card and not via the Casio should remove the problem of the PC not being able to access the files.

A disclaimer - I'm not personally familiar with either of these cameras - I have a Sony camera, but I've experienced similar problems when I've tried to move memory cards between cameras.

If these suggestions don't work, or you need further help, don't hesitate to get back in touch with us - we're here to help if we can...

Tim

OP
M

Murphy150

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Panasonic problem.

Hi Tim

Many thanks for your reply. I will be over in Southport at my daughters this coming Monday and will follow your suggestions.

Thanks for your help - appreciated.

Kind regards

John

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the problem persists, don't hesitate to get back to us because I'm sure we can fix this problem.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts