What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages not loading

joeirish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ages on some websites are not loading or not fully loading (pictures don't load but text does). I have an iPad 2 with IOS 5. When I go to the same websites on my Mac everything works fine, no problems. I've done speedtests on both devices and these are the same so it doesn't look like and Network problem.

Thanks for any help

OP
J

joeirish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
joeirish said:
Ages on some websites are not loading or not fully loading (pictures don't load but text does). I have an iPad 2 with IOS 5. When I go to the same websites on my Mac everything works fine, no problems. I've done speedtests on both devices and these are the same so it doesn't look like and Network problem.

Thanks for any help

That should say Pages not Ages!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, I'd say try this....

First, double tap the home button (or 4 finger swipe up) to open the task bar. Touch and hold any app in the task bar until the small minus sign in the corner of the apps appears. Now press the minus sign on the safari icon to close the app. Tap the home button to go back to the home page. Now, press and hold the on/off button until the slider appears, slide to off and when shutdown restart. This may resolve your issues but if not.......

Go to the settings tab and clear caches etc (see here)......

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-1223519459.jpg
    image-1223519459.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 972
OP
J

joeirish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that.

I'd already done the first but I tried clearing everything as you said. No luck. Guardian and Independent newspapers seem to be the main problem. Other sites load fine. I wonder if others are experiencing anything similar?

OP
J

joeirish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I've installed another browser but still the same thing is happening. I'm now using iCab.

I,m wondering if it might be something to do with all the ad sites, google analytics and so on, that are accessed when I click on a link. I can see these sites being accessed on my Mac using Firefox and it's obvious that there are sometimes delays loading a web page until these external sites respond. Could there be some issue with some of these sites and the settings on my iPad ? At the moment not even the front page of guardian.co.uk will fully load, it appears to hang up partway through.

Any help greatly received as at the moment I can't really use the iPad to access a whole lot of sites and pages (but other sites load without any problems)

Thanks

OP
J

joeirish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks but the Safari is already closed and still I'm having the same problems. Just wondering if anybody else is having problems with guardian.co.uk loading

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts