What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outlook or equivalent app

bobmielke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
bobmielke.smugmug.com
I'm very used to using outlook for my email because I like to embed photos I take in my documents. Is the an Outlook app or some other app for the iPad that would allow me to do this?

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you e-mail a picture from the photo app it will appear in the body of the e-mail.

You can mail it to yourself if you want to edit the message. Just forward the e-mail you sent yourself.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As USBill said, you can email photos from the iPad's native Photo app.

If you open the Photo app on your iPad and assuming you already have some photos loaded, you'll see the 'thumbnails' of those photos displayed. If you touch the little 'curly arrow' icon that appears at the top right hand side of the screen the title of the screen changes to 'Select Photos'.

Briefly touch the photo(s) that you want to email. They get a little 'tick' mark in their bottom right hand corner. If you change your mind about a photo, you can briefly touch it again to deselect it. You can send as many as you want in a single email.

Once you've ticked all the photos you want to email, touch the 'Email' button in the top left-hand side of the screen.

A 'New Message' email window will open and you can enter the 'To', 'cc', 'Subject' and 'Message' fields by briefly touching the message window in the appropriate location and typing in the necessary addresses or message.

Once you've completed all of this, touch the 'Send' button and you're done....

Have fun and enjoy your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

OP
bobmielke

bobmielke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
bobmielke.smugmug.com
Thanks all, that worked just fine. I sent myself a photo to my fastmail mailbox but the document showed the photo as an attached graphic instead of an embedded photo. I tried the same technique using my gmail account and it came through perfect as an embedded photo.

My next trick is to discover if I can copy/paste a photo from my SmugMug online storage site into an email document sent to my gmail account. argh, all this to try and simulate what I do so easily in Outlook. Again, my thanks! I'm learning my way around the iPad fast. I've had mine for 24 hours now. :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks - that's my 'learn a new fact about the iPad everyday' for today.

What fascinates me is that somewhere, lurking in Cupertino, is the guy that decided this. Did they have a section meeting one morning with coffee and Danish pastries.

Agenda

Item 1

How many photos are we going to allow to be attached to an iPad Mail message?

All this stuff needs to be written in a book somewhere.....

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Could be lots of reasons for it, limited RAM, limited bandwidth with 3G, or just legacy stuff from the iPhone that they haven't updated yet.

What they probably did was test just about everything they could, and put limits on stuff that had a tendency to cause problems.

Most reactions

Latest posts