What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to remove old uninstall apps need app like CCleaner or some thing

moon982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a CCleaner app for the iPad or some thing like that? That will remove old uninstall apps? When you remove apps in iPad it still keeps user settings and old stuff.

A buddy of mind got an iPad well the other person used outlook as the email app but removed the app. My buddy downloaded outlook but to his surprised can log into the other person email because there is no way to log out of outlook and if you remove the app and download it again you are still log in!!

There is no way to log out of outlook app. And removing the app and downloading the app again you are still log in.

I don't know how to clean out this cache or temp files of old uninstalled apps. Does anyone here know what to do or any apps like CCleaner app that will help to remove old uninstall app cache?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Moon982 - welcome to the forum! :) When one is selling or giving an iDevice to another, Apple suggests specific steps in preparing the device, including signing out of accounts (particularly those related to iCloud, such as 'Find My...') and then erasing the device - see the suggestions HERE. Apple iOS is a 'sand-boxed' operating system and deleting apps should also rid the data/information associated w/ that program.

So, provide some more information: 1) Was this device prepared as indicated in the link; and 2) Did whoever donated or sold the iPad to your friend sign out of the appropriate places. I'm not aware of any iPad 'cleaner' apps such as used w/ other OSs, such as macOS or Windows. Your friend can go into Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings and start over (hoping that the donor of the machine indeed signed out of the places indicated). Dave

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

As giradman said above, the previous owner should have erased the iPad properly. So that no information stays behind. Is there still the former owner’s iCloud ID active? If so, he will have to contact that person, so that he removes this device from iCloud, or else your friend will have problems with iCloud’s Activation Lock.

It’s not necessary to use a cleaner app, you cn log out of Outlook in the Outlook app. Tap the house at the top left, then select the settings icon at the bottom left. You’ll see the account(s) used on this device. Tap one of them to get this view:
1D46504A-760E-4B8A-98AB-43436397E235.jpeg

Select “Delete Account” to remove it. Do that with every account set up in the app.

Also make sure that Offload Unused Apps is disabled. You can find that feature in Settings - your name - iTunes & App Store, at the bottom. If it’s enabled, the iPad will keep data and information of the app, and will show everything again when the app is reinstalled.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

As giradman said above, the previous owner should have erased the iPad properly.....

Select “Delete Account” to remove it. Do that with every account set up in the............

Also make sure that Offload Unused Apps is disabled. You can find that feature in Settings - your name - iTunes & App Store, at the bottom. If it’s enabled, the iPad will keep data and information of the app, and will show everything again when the app is reinstalled.

Good point Johanna on the 'Offload' feature - have our iPads disabled - just curious, but if Offload is enabled and the original owner has 'signed out' and the new one signs into the iTunes/App store w/ another Apple ID, would the data/settings still be downloaded? Of course, if all had been erased on the device in the first place, then assume not even an issue? Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, they wouldn’t be downloaded automatically.
When you delete the app, this is what you get with “Offload Apps” disabled:
5224F617-DB7E-459F-85A7-BE2648198288.jpeg

After reinstalling, it will offer the account(s) set up within the app before deleting as options. It’s still possible to skip this, and set up your account manually, without using the information provided by the app.
57FB1809-E2CD-46D5-AAC4-6DC4B263BC59.jpeg

If the iPad has been erased properly, this will not happen when installing the app.

OP
M

moon982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums!

As giradman said above, the previous owner should have erased the iPad properly. So that no information stays behind. Is there still the former owner’s iCloud ID active? If so, he will have to contact that person, so that he removes this device from iCloud, or else your friend will have problems with iCloud’s Activation Lock.

It’s not necessary to use a cleaner app, you cn log out of Outlook in the Outlook app. Tap the house at the top left, then select the settings icon at the bottom left. You’ll see the account(s) used on this device. Tap one of them to get this view:
View attachment 88507
Select “Delete Account” to remove it. Do that with every account set up in the app.

That is the thing in outlook I see no log out. I see the Select “Delete Account” to remove it

But would this not delete the account? Or does this only delete all data for this app but will not delete the account? I'm bit confused what this does.

Why no log out for outlook?

OP
M

moon982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will only remove the account from the app. You can not delete an actual email account using an email app. This is something that has to be done from the admin controls of an account; usually on a website.

I did that and than remove the app and downloaded it again and well above the skip and add account option it still shows the other account so it is getting it from some where.

And yes Offload' feature is disabled

[QUOTE=" Good point Johanna on the 'Offload' feature - have our iPads disabled - just curious, but if Offload is enabled and the original owner has 'signed out' and the new one signs into the iTunes/App store w/ another Apple ID, would the data/settings still be downloaded? Of course, if all had been erased on the device in the first place, then assume not even an issue? Dave :)Good point Johanna on the 'Offload' feature - have our iPads disabled - just curious, but if Offload is enabled and the original owner has 'signed out' and the new one signs into the iTunes/App store w/ another Apple ID, would the data/settings still be downloaded? Of course, if all had been erased on the device in the first place, then assume not even an issue? Dave :) .[/QUOTE]

OP
M

moon982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What other Microsoft apps are installed and signed into the same account?

Is it possible it is getting info from iTunes or iCloud? The last time I checked iCloud was disabled. I can check again to make sure.

When I remove the app and go to app store to download it again it gets a cloud icon very different from all other apps I never downloaded. It seems when I remove app at the app store it changes to a cloud icon.

Apps I never download don't have this cloud icon at the app store. But apps I remove get this cloud icon at the app store.

So I have feeling it pulling old settings from some where or the cache is not being clean out when it removes the app.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It’s unlikely to come from iCloud. One of the Office apps, or OneDrive, or some other app that gets signed into with that Outlook email account is possible. Even that seems unlikely. I have an Office 365 account and several Microsoft apps. I have no problems using Outlook with an unrelated email address. The only thing I use Outlook for is to monitor our club’s email account; keeping it separate from my personal accounts.

Did you ever try deleting the account from Outlook as per Johanna’s instructions?

Also, while data for an app is supposed to be deleted when an app is deleted, it’s not always immediate. Restarting the iPad and/or waiting a while before re-installing the app might help.

That aside, if you are using an iPad with a previous owner’s iCloud and Apple account, it’s very difficult to un-associate it from that account and it’s data. Even though it may mean having to purchase a few apps again, it’s better to start fresh with your own account. Also, it’s against Apple’s user agreement, so you could be forgoing any support you could get from Apple in case of serious issues with the software or hardware.

One more thing you can check. It’s possible your iPad was set up by a school or business. If so it may have a profile installed. You can check to see if there is a profile installed under Settings > General > Profile. If there is no profile option, then no profile is installed. If there is, it may or may not be possible to delete it.

Profiles can be locked by the organization that installed them. If that’s the case, your only option is to go back to that organization and have them remove the profile.

OP
M

moon982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure why when I go to app store it shows a cloud icon and when you want to download the app you get it by the cloud icon.

Where apps I never downloaded do not have this cloud icon. But if I download an app than remove it than the app store it has cloud icon. And you must go to the cloud icon to download it again.

I wonder if it is keeping the app or app settings in the cloud when I remove app and when I go to app store and and download app it pulling it from the cloud.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That cloud icon means that the app is in your purchase history but is not currently on your iPad. Tapping the cloud icon downloads the app to your device. When you download a previously purchased app only the app is downloaded, not any additional app data.

OP
M

moon982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see there is one drive on the iPad and is login to Microsoft account . Could it be pulling the login info from it? Does this mean I have to remove outlook and one-drive than download both again?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Might be worth a try. Though I don’t really expect it to work. Did you delete the old account in Outlook as Johanna suggested and than add the account you want? Did that somehow fail?

Most reactions

Latest posts