What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Os X Mavericks on my iPad 3...

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bored tonight and was messing around. I wanted to see how smoothly OS X Mavericks would run on my iPad 3.
It worked pretty good. I took a not so great video with my iPhone but you can get the jest of it.
You don't need to use the mouse for anything if you don't want to. But it is extremely hard to touch the icons on the iPad screen because they are so small.

EDITED

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How did you get OS X on an iPad? You're not using some remote software are you?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't believe he has OSX on his iPad at all, I think he's running a simulation, probably using a jailbroken iPad. OSX is not set up as a touchscreen OS, but several scenes show him manipulating things with touchscreen gestures.

There are several themes available that make can make your jailbroken iPad look like it's running OSX. He's likely running one of those themes.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I use Teamviewer on my iPad and Windows desktop, it would like as if I'm running Windows on my iPad, except there is no mouse control (there is touch screen control of the mouse cursor). I think you do have to be JBed to have mouse control on an iPad.

OP
X

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's another hint. I will say that none of these devices are JB.
They are an iPad 3, 5th gen touch, and 1st gen mini.

EDITED

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
X

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a photo. I have all three devices connected to each other. I'm controlling the cursor with a mouse.
7ca06b03bbb2892ad548494af618675c_zpsac894376.jpg

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's a photo. I have all three devices connected to each other. I'm controlling the cursor with a mouse.
So what exactly are you doing? It looks like you are spreading your MAC screen across several iOS devices. What app does this?

OP
X

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what exactly are you doing? It looks like you are spreading your MAC screen across several iOS devices. What app does this?

Ding ding ding, winner!
This is what I'm doing. It's an app called Air Display 2 and it's pretty cool. Super easy to use and works on one iMac and up to 4 iDevices. I can sit on my coach and browse my iMac. Open word and excel docs.
Or if I lay everything out together make a big giant screen.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ding ding ding, winner! This is what I'm doing. It's an app called Air Display 2 and it's pretty cool. Super easy to use and works on one iMac and up to 4 iDevices. I can sit on my coach and browse my iMac. Open word and excel docs. Or if I lay everything out together make a big giant screen.
Thanks for letting us know how you did it. We were all wondering how you could get what appeared to be OSX to run on the iPad. Having the extra displays could be very useful where you don't want to have to switch between multiple screens on your Mac.

OP
X

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know how you did it. We were all wondering how you could get what appeared to be OSX to run on the iPad. Having the extra displays could be very useful where you don't want to have to switch between multiple screens on your Mac.

Ya, I saw the app advertised on a Yahoo article the other day and thought I'd try it. I soon realized that it really wasn't good for too much.
So the best thing I could think of was this thread :D

Use for an extended screen doesn't really help me that much. But to be able to browse iMac software on my iPad on the couch certainly does.

Regardless it's a good app and they did a good job with it. If anyone can figure out some cool applications for it post it up.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ya, I saw the app advertised on a Yahoo article the other day and thought I'd try it. I soon realized that it really wasn't good for too much.
So the best thing I could think of was this thread :D

Use for an extended screen doesn't really help me that much. But to be able to browse iMac software on my iPad on the couch certainly does.

Regardless it's a good app and they did a good job with it. If anyone can figure out some cool applications for it post it up.

It was so obvious! What was I thinking??

Yeh I never used my iPad as a second monitor, just as how I don't use my windows laptop because its unstable and slow.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ding ding ding, winner!
This is what I'm doing. It's an app called Air Display 2 and it's pretty cool. Super easy to use and works on one iMac and up to 4 iDevices. I can sit on my coach and browse my iMac. Open word and excel docs.
Or if I lay everything out together make a big giant screen.

Cool. thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts