What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Original Ipad

bigjosepi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So today I bought myself a Original Ipad which I like but my main question was getting the first gen worth it? I bought it mainly for college use such as Online textbooks, web browsing, games, music, and note taking. I was thinking maybe using this for a while then selling and getting a second gen.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The original ipad should do all right as a book reader for your college textbooks. Web browsing will be a little slower, with more frequent crashes as the result of having only 254MB of RAM.
A newer iPad model will be faster and more able to handle the increased demands placed on RAM by newer apps and websites.

OP
B

bigjosepi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that's good to hear cause that's probably the main use for texts but do you think it could last me a year then trade up for iPad 2 or 3

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
bigjosepi said:
Well that's good to hear cause that's probably the main us for texts but do you think it could last me a year the trade up for iPad 2 or 3

If you work within its limitations. It may have trouble running some of the newer apps, and anything requiring iOS 6 won't run at all. As a book reader, however, it should do quite well.

Most reactions