What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering iPad

dacakebeater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a weird situation and was wondering if you guyes have heard of this…

I ordered my iPad on Sunday May 9th and of course they said it would ship within 5-7 business days. They money was cleared from my account by Tuesday and then I began patiently waiting for my iPad. I woke up this morning and there was $900 extra in my bank account, after a little researching I saw that Apple has given the money back to me. I checked my email and I have not received any emails from Apple saying the order was canceled, I also checked the order status on Apple.com and it said the same thing it said yesterday “Processing…. Not yet shipped†Has anyone else ran into this problem? Also has anyone their iPad online and how long did it take to get to you?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hm...don't they take the money only when they ship? Its curious, I hope it works out well.

Try calling? Keep us up to date.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of two things happened. Either what was actually done, was to put a check hold on the money to make sure the account was active (in which case, the money is never withdrawn, just attached for a period), which has happened to most people. Apple is not the only ones that do this. The other thing might have been that they started to send you one and found what you wanted was out of stock. I doubt that, since usually my experience is that they do not bill until it is received, or at least left the warehouse.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They put a hold on funds every 3 days until it ships...once shipped it is finally withdrawn.

In the case of us that pre-ordered our accounts were in a constant fluctuating state.

nytngale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my iPad on April 25th, it shipped on May 4th and I had it in my hands on May 6th. Haven't put it down since. :D The funds for payment weren't drawn from my account until the day it shipped. Hope you receive yours soon.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a 3G 32 gig on May 1 and received it May 11. My bank account never showed a charge until after I received it. You will see a pending charge that drops off when they check your credit card.

Last edited:

IndyBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a weird situation and was wondering if you guyes have heard of this…

I ordered my iPad on Sunday May 9th and of course they said it would ship within 5-7 business days. They money was cleared from my account by Tuesday and then I began patiently waiting for my iPad. I woke up this morning and there was $900 extra in my bank account, after a little researching I saw that Apple has given the money back to me. I checked my email and I have not received any emails from Apple saying the order was canceled, I also checked the order status on Apple.com and it said the same thing it said yesterday “Processing…. Not yet shipped†Has anyone else ran into this problem? Also has anyone their iPad online and how long did it take to get to you?

I ordered my 3G on May 6th and as of this morning, May 14th, my status on Apples order site is Prepared for Shipment.

There has been not action on the credit card account yet.

IndyBob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an update on my above post.

Just an hour after posting I got am email from Apple that my 3G has shipped. So 8 days from order to ship.

moofy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine on May 8th. They immediately did the hold from my account, but then the hold was removed 4 days later.
Mine is still listed as "Not yet shipped".
So I am seeing the same as the OP.

Hope I get a note in 2 days (8 days total) saying it is shipped!

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's probably the hold thing. Give them a call and ask - they'll probably be able to give you a better idea of a ship date as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts