What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering from Apple

ipf-user965

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting my iPad2 in July, rang the online store today and have been told if I order on the 28th June or thereabouts, they don't take payment at that point, just an authorization payment of £1.00. Then my ipad would arrive approximately 3 weeks later.

Can anybody tell me, if you ordered from apple online store, at what point did they take the full amount?

I want to make sure they don't try and take it before the money is actually available you see. I'm assuming they dispatch AFTER payment is taken but the impression the girl gave me is that they take payment after dispatch.

Am in the UK so may differ from the us but if anybody can confirm when they are likely to take payment, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Alison.
Sent from my GT-I9000 using iPad Forums

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
They take payment more or less the same time they dispatch your order. Simultaneously.

My full payment was taken on or very close to dispatch time. In my case, about 4 weeks after online order.

OP
I

ipf-user965

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I want to make sure it won't be dispatched too soon or the money won't be there. The money will be there on the 14th July so if I order on the 28th June, that should be plenty of time shouldn't it.

Alison.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Depends.

If Apple say 3 weeks they might actually disatch 2 weeks earlier. They do that :)

I wouldnt take any financial risks. Wait until your funds are secure then order, else if Apple turn up with the goods really early then you'll be put in a situation that could be avoided.

cypress

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't take the risk either. Place the order when you are closer to having the money. That is what is holding me back as well. Wait it out a little more and then you won't be nervous if the finances go through.

OP
I

ipf-user965

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They told me that if I order on the 14th July when the funds are ready it will be august before I receive it. They were the ones who said to order early so that it arrives as soon as the funds are there.

I hate waiting, so frustrating. Lol.

Alison

Alison.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They told me that if I order on the 14th July when the funds are ready it will be august before I receive it. They were the ones who said to order early so that it arrives as soon as the funds are there.

Alison

Alison.

With the very best of intentions, the rep can still be giving less than stellar advice.

Plus: If everything goes right you could get your iPad a week or two earlier.

Negatives: You get a hit on your credit card that may affect your rating, and the iPad is delayed a few weeks more as you have to start your order over. With really bad luck you'll have to make some phone calls before Apple will run the once bounced credit card again. (That last is unlikely, I think).

The person you talked to has no control over when Apple will ship, and while they (might) have a better idea of what's likely to happen in the near future, only you can decide if you want to take that risk.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com

Alison

Alison.

As mentioned, the rep can't give you any definitive answers. Everything is done from different departments around the globe. The rep can only suppose. Apple do have a nice habit of delivering considerably early.

My bro was told on the phone by apple there's a definate 3 possibly 4 week wait. She was quite emphatic about it. It arrived in just under 2 weeks.

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered the Ipad for my wife 2 weeks ago. Scheduled delivery 03.06. DHL has it at Bangkok airport, so should arrive tomorrow.

That means she won't be touching my Ipad anymore.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If being mean means my wifengets an iPad from me, my guess is she wants me to be mean.

Okay, thought in the back of my head is to build up some credit as well. Might come in handy one day. * evil grin *.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
I

ipf-user965

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, my neighbour ordered her ipad last year and it actually took four weeks to get it.

However, I think I will hold out until at least the week before, no way will it arrive within the week. Would it? lol.

I am hoping that one of the local stores will have one in stock, can travel a little out of my area to get one if need be if it means I can just go get it from the store. Hmm, maybe I should just wait til July 14th and start making phone calls early morning. lol.

God I hate having to wait.

44 days to go now.

Alison

Most reactions

Latest posts