What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oplayer HD?

Aiden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried it, it let's you play a range of files that are nit supported on the iPad like xvid. I wanna know what the playback is like before I invest £2.99, tried to google it but there is like 2 results lol

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Considering every review in the app store at the moment is one star, I'd avoid it like the plague.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. Damn that sucks you guys don't get to see the same reviews.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does it work on the iPad or remote streaming from the PC like AirVideo, because AirVideo works great.

OP
A

Aiden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No it's on the iPad, so you can store films on the iPad and watch them anytime, but I think it's gonna be a while before someone releases something good. I agree it does suck that we can't see your reviews too as there ain't a lot of reviews in the uk app store basically because not many people have ipads yet.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I prefer Oplayer to it's contenders, YXPlayer and CineXplayer. CineXplayer is free so to save a bit of coin its the best choice, but for less issues I think Oplayer is the better choice. I've had it for about a month now and never had issues really. If it the video is really high quality it can get choppish and the audio can lose sync if there is not enough system resources but thats it.

Saves on the hassles of conversion from avi -> mp4

pointdexler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just download the oplayer HD Lite version and whenever I played any avi movies, a gray patch appear in the middle of the screen... anyone else got this problem? Tried googling but no mention of this patch..

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just download the oplayer HD Lite version and whenever I played any avi movies, a gray patch appear in the middle of the screen... anyone else got this problem? Tried googling but no mention of this patch..

It is where an ad goes in demo mode. You need the real thing for any thing useful.

prdstm0nke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
every video i've played has been ever-so-slightly choppy. the audio stayed synced, but the choppiness was a little annoying.

these were 350mb Mad Men AVIs - nothing super-hi quality.

its a pain, but converting to mp4 made for a much better viewing experience.

Talis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app was updated yesterday and it has solved the choppiness issue I had with most standard quality xvids. As it stands now, I would definitely recomend this over the other contenders (free or otherwise) in the app store.

monkeyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I bought oplayer 2 months ago... do I get this latest update somehow? or do I have to pay again?

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you paid for then go into your App Store on your iPad and update via there. It's free.

I recommend always going into the App store to check on available updates. Otherwise you can always update via iTunes by selecting available updates. Personally I update within the App Store app on my iPad.

Toji

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I posted this elsewhere and then found this thread so I apologize in advance for 2 posts on the same thing. I just bought this app and the playback on my ipad is in super slow motion. Any ideas how I can fix it?

Most reactions

Latest posts