What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opening Pictures from Photo App Takes 5 Seconds

BigRed2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We recently noticed that our iPad 3 has been acting strange. Specifically, when I click on a picture (to open) from the Photos app, it now takes a full 5 seconds for the picture to open. I have tried the following with no luck:

1) Powered down/up the iPad
2) Upgraded ios from 7 to 8
3) Used iTunes to restore the iPad
4) Followed advice from various web sites in terms of altering settings to improve iPad performance.

Anyone have any ideas?

OP
B

BigRed2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We recently noticed that our iPad 3 has been acting strange. Specifically, when I click on a picture (to open) from the Photos app, it now takes a full 5 seconds for the picture to open. I have tried the following with no luck:

1) Powered down/up the iPad
2) Upgraded ios from 7 to 8
3) Used iTunes to restore the iPad
4) Followed advice from various web sites in terms of altering settings to improve iPad performance.

Anyone have any ideas?
I should also mention that there is over 22 GB of available space, so it's not a memory issue.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Force close the Photos app:
Double tap the Home button to show the multitask bar. Then slide the thumbnail above the Photos app icon towards the top of the screen.

Reset your iPad. This won't remove data or settings on your device. To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until you see the Apple logo. Let go of both. The iPad will power up on it's own.

Hope that helps.

OP
B

BigRed2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, but it has no effect. Also I think restoring the iPad as well as loading on a newer release would have had to restart/reset the iPad as well.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
After restoring the iPad, it's always a good idea to reset it the way I described it. This could help removing glitches you're experiencing.

Black_Creek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pls also keep in mind that the iPad 3 is a old device... There are some legs in many different apps on my old ipad 3 on iOS 8. if you're using your ipad alot i recommend tomby an newer one's, ipad air or the air 2...

By the way i am using an air now and i love it :)

Most reactions

Latest posts