What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One screen to multiple ipads

macvidguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
New to the forums, but not entirely the iPad.

I will try and keep it simple and concise.

I need to send 1 display to many iPads and be in sync. Imagine what is at the front of the room is one all 50 ipads.
As a person advances a slide, manual advance QT, or other app, the rest will follow suit.
I can leave motion video out to avoid lip sync. I can skip audio to avoid the "Rock Arena" sound from your home AV Receiver.

This is basically a walkthrough from a teacher/presenter. I would prefer nobody touched the iPads in the audience.

Apple Business says no. Apple Education side says no. What do you say?

I get that there are display apps, remote login over the web apps, but I need 50 iPads.
I know that there is webex, but I would prefer not to have to rely on the internet (I will build a local network) as this may/will travel. Also the presenter and audience are in the same location so having 51 people logged in over the same temp connection is not warm and fuzzy.

I look forward to your thoughts, and hopefully can drive a little innovation.
Assume I can get any machine(s) as the source and can build from the ground up the local network.

Keep in mind, this isn't iPad as a controller, but rather a display.
Mac.

Kilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about SyncPad? Based on a video I saw the other day it would do what you need - it had 40 iPads running in sync. Haven't used it myself, though.

Check out this application on the App Store:

SyncPad (Remote Whiteboard)
Thirtynine LLC
Category: Business
Updated: Feb 25, 2011
5 Ratings

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I doubt you've overlooked this solution, but:

It would be easier to buy 50 10" LCD displays, hook them all up to display a single video source using a CATV mirroring equipment and then use the HDMI adaptor on one iPad to output video to the entire room.

No syncing or lag, and probably much cheaper. I'm sure 10" LCD displays are less that iPads, should more than compensate for whatever High Def local CATV network you need to set up.

Ed McNeill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you found a solution?

I am interested in hearing if you solved this. I am trying to do something similiar. I want to mirror my feed to a projector to display on iPads for visually impaired people in church.

OP
M

macvidguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not Yet

Thanks for the sync pad idea. I will check it out.

I appreciate the idea for the LCDs as well. Unfortunately the request is for cool iPad, also, the way the session breaks down throughout the day I can get the battery to last on the iPad. That way I have no power cord, or display cable.

Some quick charges over lunch and a breakout session insure I can make the full show.

I am about to get back on this mission. I thought about LAN Multicast with Safari main page as the feed that way I get some other demo cameras we are using as well included. Those are video, but not for film clips so a slight delay is ok. This would be all local network, nothing else on it, but the feed and iPads, and have the ability to build from ground up.
Just a thought.
Thanks again,
Mac.

ajcjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
did the sync app work, i am trying to do the same thing for 3 ipads.

Thanks

BearbiG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We're facing the similar problems now, our client wanted us to setup 32 iPad2 as display equipments, and we gonna give them an answer next week.

So I will try Syncpad app later.

Here's a idea for the problem: Create html-based files and use Xcode to setup in your 50 iPad, they are clients, and made one as a server. After building a WiFi or LAN, setup a time-checking for every client iPad. For example, the client iPad will check the state of the server every 1 second, when the server iPad make a move(ex. next slide), the client iPads will check that refreshment of the state and play the same next slide.

I hope I can work that stuff out, and good luck to you guys.

Most reactions

Latest posts