What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One dumb questions! So far...

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So be nice!

I just got my iPad 2 days ago. I am learning so much. But I have a question, please:

* HOW do you get your photos INTO iTunes?

I actually know how to get them from there to the iPad.:eek:

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have photo management set to manual you can just drag them onto your ipad in itunes. If you have auto sync setup on mac it uses iPhoto....on PC I think its the my photos folder.

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you plug the iPad into iTunes, there will be a Photo tab (among others such as Apps, Movies, etc). From there, select the folder on your computer that has your pics. For ease of use, I made an "iPad photos" folder on my computer that I put pics for my iPad in.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
(Purpleorchid posted their response while I was typing mine and it was essentially the same answer)

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you plug the iPad into iTunes, there will be a Photo tab (among others such as Apps, Movies, etc). From there, select the folder on your computer that has your pics. For ease of use, I made an "iPad photos" folder on my computer that I put pics for my iPad in.

I am doing this right now. I swear I never saw that Photo Tab and I have been reading about it forever and looking for it!

Thank you all so much!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Okay. I am there and there is NO Photo Tab.:eek: You are talking about in the Library right? Off to the left hand side?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay. I am embarrassed to say i found it.:eek:

You to go into Devices, then to Marie's iPad THEN up top there is the Photo Tab!

You should see our Husky on my iPad. Wow.
DSC00602.jpg

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ha ha. Sorry it took so long for someone to "come back".

Yup, it's up top AFTER you've plugged the iPad in. Glad you found it. The husky looks gorgeous! Have you made it your wallpaper for both your Home and Lock screens yet? (Click on any of your pics on the iPad. click the upper right icon, and choose "Set as wallpaper". You'll then have the option for just Home, just Lock screen, or both.)

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have always understood that the dumbest questions are the ones NOT asked. I'm glad you asked this question because I was having a hard time trying to figure out how to get photos on my brand new Ipad (been tethered to this Ipad now for 44 hours).

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha ha. Sorry it took so long for someone to "come back".

Yup, it's up top AFTER you've plugged the iPad in. Glad you found it. The husky looks gorgeous! Have you made it your wallpaper for both your Home and Lock screens yet? (Click on any of your pics on the iPad. click the upper right icon, and choose "Set as wallpaper". You'll then have the option for just Home, just Lock screen, or both.)

I know! I thought you guys forgot me! I did set Raja as wallpaper on my ipad. Tell me ~ why would I want to "lock the screen?"

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have always understood that the dumbest questions are the ones NOT asked. I'm glad you asked this question because I was having a hard time trying to figure out how to get photos on my brand new Ipad (been tethered to this Ipad now for 44 hours).

Thanks! I can import them to my iPad so easy now. I was going to buy the camera connection thingy, for $30, but not now ~ no reason.

Most reactions

Latest posts