What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On this day in history.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On The 27th August 1979, Lord Louis Mountbatten was killed when Irish Republican Army (IRA) terrorists detonated a 50-pound bomb hidden on his fishing vessel Shadow V.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On the 27th of August 1967, Brian Epstein, manager of the Beatles, was found dead from an accidental drug overdose in his Sussex home.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
August 30 - 1996 - An expedition to raise part of the Titanic failed when the nylon lines being used to raise part of the hull snapped.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

The piece was successfully raised the following year.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
31 August - Princess Diana died in Paris on this day in 1997 and in 1989 her sister in law Princess Anne separated from her husband Captain Mark Phillips.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
followthesapper said:
31 August - Princess Diana died in Paris on this day in 1997 and in 1989 her sister in law Princess Anne separated from her husband Captain Mark Phillips.

I was in Paris that night.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
I was in Paris that night.

Oh boy Kevin, you were in the thick of it then.....that was a dreadful night though....

one of those times you always remember what you were doing when the news broke.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
followthesapper said:

Thanks for flagging this, followthesapper. I learnt of her death while out on a club run. Wouldn't she be proud of her sons. Harris antics would amuse her no end in private.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Thanks for flagging this, followthesapper. I learnt of her death while put on a club run. Wouldn't she be proud of her sons. Harris antics would amuse her no end in private.

Oh yes she would be so so proud of them.....and Harry's antics sure would make her smile and cringe at times and laugh her head off! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts