What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On this day in history.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
3rd September 1935. Malcolm Campbell set a new land-speed record On the Bonneville Salt Flats of Utah. Campbell and his 2,500-hp motor car Bluebird made two runs over a one-mile course at speeds averaging 301.129 mph. In breaking the 300-mph barrier, he surpassed the world record of 276.82 mph that he had set earlier in the year.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Last edited:

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
September 4 - 0476 - Romulus Augustulus, the last emperor of the western Roman Empire, was deposed when Odoacer proclaimed himself King of Italy.

(I find it curious that there is mention of Romulans on Earth during this time period, but not Klingons. Fascinating! )

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
September 4 - 0476 - Romulus Augustulus, the last emperor of the western Roman Empire, was deposed when Odoacer proclaimed himself King of Italy.

(I find it curious that there is mention of Romulans on Earth during this time period, but not Klingons. Fascinating! )

AA

Thet were probably cloaked :D

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
September 4 - 1967 - "Gilligan's Island" aired for the last time on CBS-TV. It ran for 98 shows.

FYI - No matter how much I begged, my mom would never make me a coconut creme pie.

AA

That's too bad, they're delicious.:D

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On September 04th, 2002, Kelly Clarkson wins the first season of America Idol.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
5th September, 1972. Arab Terrorists took Israeli hostages and assassinated others of the Israeli Olympics team at Munich.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
September 5 - 1980 - World's longest auto tunnel, St Gotthard in Swiss Alps, opens.

AA

Driven through that one, many times. I went through the Mont Blanc too, the last time on the day before it caught fire.

Most reactions