What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On this day in history.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
August 5, 910 - The last major Viking army to raid England is defeated at the Battle of Tettenhall by the allied forces of Mercia and Wessex, led by King Edward and Earl Aethelred.

August 5, 1861 - US Army abolishes flogging.

August 5, 1926 - Houdini stays in a coffin under water for 1½ hrs before escaping.

AA

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
August 5, 1974 - Joan Jett forms her rock group Runaways.

AA

Awesome historical moment! Love the music and the biography film was amazing. none other than Kristen Stewart playing a very convincing role of Joan Jett!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
AvaMoore said:
Awesome historical moment! Love the music and the biography film was amazing. none other than Kristen Stewart playing a very convincing role of Joan Jett!

Lita Ford just released a new album "Living Like A Runaway" under the Steamhammer label.
Not sure if she will tour to support it.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

AvaMoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Lita Ford just released a new album "Living Like A Runaway" under the Steamhammer label.
Not sure if she will tour to support it.

AA

ooo Might have to look into that, really is my sort of music. Thanks for the heads up :D

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
On this day in 1914 the first electric traffic signals were installed in Cleveland,Ohio.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
August 6, 2012 - "Curiosity" a rover style planetary probe the size of a car and powered by plutonium - landed safely on the surface of Mars.

"Curiosity" touched down early this morning after a series of complex maneuvers.

AA

Most reactions

Latest posts