What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On this day in history.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
29th June 1976 : The original Apple computer, or the Apple I, Apple's first product was released. These computers were designed and hand-built by Steve Wozniak. It was then that Steve Jobs had the idea of selling it and he sold his only means of transport, a VW Microbus and Wozniak sold his HP 65 calculator for $500 to finance its creation. It was demonstrated in July 1976 at the Homebrew Computer Club, Palo Alto, CA.

image.jpg

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Nobody. Have you ever heard Eurovision? It's dreadful. ;)

June, 29th, 1985, David Bowie and Mick Jagger recorded a version of the Martha Reeves and the Vandellas 1964 hit 'Dancing In The Street.' for the forthcoming 'Live Aid' fundraising event. The single went on to become a No.1 UK hit. The original plan was to perform a track together live, with Bowie performing at Wembley Stadium and Jagger at John F. Kennedy Stadium, until it was realized that the satellite link-up would cause a half-second delay that would make this impossible unless either Bowie or Jagger mimed their contribution, something neither artist was willing to do.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nobody. Have you ever heard Eurovision? It's dreadful. ;)...
There certainly was a winner, even if it were only the broadcasting companies. In any other case this show wouldn't have existed for more than 50 years.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's tongue-in-cheek, Johanna.

Meant to convey that although there was a winner, the victory is Phyrric.

Can't be forgotten though, that Abba came to prominence after their win with Waterloo.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I meant my post the same way. I should have added one of these funny smileys to make it more obvious.

I haven't watched the Song Contest since I was a teenager, just was curious this year, because I heard to my surprise that we had made it to the finals. This should show my opinion about the contest quite clearly.

Except for Abba, I don't know anyone else who won and became famous.

That doesn't mean that I wasn't excited, when we won this year. After all, I'm an Austrian, and this was our second victory since the contest exists. :cool:

Last edited:
OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Going from memory, I think Cliff Richard won it with Congratulations, and Sandie Shaw, perhaps with Puppet On A String? Can't remember offhand.

The contest is known (in the UK, at least) as a career-killer.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Richard, not Richards. He used to be with the Shadows, as well as having about a 50 year solo career.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oops! Typo, sorry! :confused:
I know him. He also sang in German. I prefer his English songs.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
July 6, 1957: John Lennon and Paul McCartney meet for the first time, at the second performance of the Quarrymen, in Woolton, at the St. Peter's garden fête. Lennon asks McCartney to join his band.

Most reactions

Latest posts