What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

? on Reservation Pickup

Easrthdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may be asking a stupid question or an unknown.

Here's my details.

I have reserved a IPad for pickup in New Orleans at an Apple store for the 3rd. I am driving from Atlanta, GA to New Orleans to get on a Cruise Ship on the 3rd. So my plan is to arrive in New Orleans on the 2nd and be at the mall the next am first thing since I want to get to my boat by noon.

So my question is their a historical presidence for how long the lines may be or will the stores have a special line for reservations. My hope is to be there at 8:30 and be in a short line. Any opinions or thoughts would be great to help me plan my day....

I just want to have my new IPad for my cruise instead of my Sony eReader...

TIA,
Jeff

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may be asking a stupid question or an unknown.

Here's my details.

I have reserved a IPad for pickup in New Orleans at an Apple store for the 3rd. I am driving from Atlanta, GA to New Orleans to get on a Cruise Ship on the 3rd. So my plan is to arrive in New Orleans on the 2nd and be at the mall the next am first thing since I want to get to my boat by noon.

So my question is their a historical presidence for how long the lines may be or will the stores have a special line for reservations. My hope is to be there at 8:30 and be in a short line. Any opinions or thoughts would be great to help me plan my day....

I just want to have my new IPad for my cruise instead of my Sony eReader...

TIA,
Jeff
Hmm... I'd call the store admin. ahead to see how far I could go ahead of the crowd... if it's possible.
Can $ change the hour of availability? It's a sure thing that the iPads will be in the store at least a day in advance...
Can the device be delivered on the ship during the cruise?:D

Talk to the people, send them proof of your whereabouts for the next days on that date. (tickets scans)
Sign an agreement of nondisclosure...

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple product opening day lines tend to be extremely long....but they train them the day before on how to handle it...so it should move pretty quickly. Get there when they open and you should be out before noon.

gregg37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get on the Triumph the day you get back, so don't mess it up too much.

These things tend not to be as big here in New Orleans as they are elsewhere, so I don't think you have much to worry about. Plus they are doing the online shipments this time around which they've not done before and I think most of the die-hards are going that route.

Just get to the store a couple hours early and you should be out long before noon.

Also... if you use the ship Wi-Fi, let us know how it goes while you're out there.

Last edited:

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think you have much to worry about. Plus they are doing the online shipments this time around which they've not done before and I think most of the die-hards are going that route.

Also... if you use the ship Wi-Fi, let us know how it goes while you're out there.

Good point & awesome recommendation to let us know of the wi-fi usage aboard ship! Makes for a good initial blog project! :D

Bugsy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The other point is that since these devices don't require any type of in store activation like the iphone did, the lines should move much faster. During the long lines for the iphone releases the biggest delay has been related to in-store activation delays.

Eeyore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be careful if you decide to use the ship wifi. When I was on Carnival Cruises, the charge was $55/100 minutes. On The Holland America Cruise to Alaska last year it was the same price plus $4 for activation. And the wifi is pretty slow, so it gets pricey.

All the Best!

Last edited:

gregg37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Be careful if you decide to use the ship wifi. When I was on Carnival Cruises, the charge was $55/100 minutes. On The Holland America Cruise to Alaska last year it was the same price plus $4 for activation. And the wifi is pretty slow, so it gets pricey.

All the Best!

Yea I don't plan on using it when I go unless something really crazy happens and I need to get in touch with people. I do, however, plan to try to find Wi-Fi hotspots near where the ship docks in Belize, Roatan, and Cozumel.... if they exist.

Liz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get in and out pretty quick too, it's looking like I'm going to have to work on the 3rd. Does anyone know what the Apple Store is going to need to verify the reservation? The email? A photo ID maybe?

Most reactions

Latest posts