What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK I have to come clean and admit it...

BMHA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm anti-Apple. Always have been. In the computer world, as an IT professional, that's not going to change... I'm a Linux man through-and-through. (So don't try to convert me!) :p

But in the mobile world?? I'm sick of Android. I spent $500 on a tablet and I need to have 8 different browsers installed just because some browsers play well with some websites, but not others. And they ALL lag, and crash, and have display problems.

Android has been around for almost 10 years now. Microsoft comes along and produces a GREAT tablet... the Surface. I had one for two weeks, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the version of IE it ran worked *flawlessly*. IE and "Flawless" shouldn't be in the same sentence, but there you go. The surface has been out for like 3 or 4 months, and it blows the doors off Android. That's pretty sad. The Surface was an absolute joy to work with, but alas, it's very expensive and it lacks apps. Otherwise I'd be getting one.

The same is true for the iPad. I got to play with one extensively, and I was surprised to see how much better it works than my Android tablet. So yes, I think I will be buying one for personal use in addition to the one I bought for my office.

Sorry, Android, but you had your chance. I work so hard for my money, and when I shell out $500 I expect... no, I DEMAND performance, and you just can't deliver.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi BHMA...

Some of us share similar paths as you and eventually get to this Forum because we finally made the decision to buy an iPad! Some of us also use both OS type devices and uses it in harmony without issues. So welcome!
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to:

iPad Accessories |iPad Help|iPad Hacking | iPad Games | iPad for Business and Education | Special Needs iPad Forum | iPad for Health Forum

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0, 5.1 & 6.0:*
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/ipho...63272542?mt=11

Forum rules - everybody please read!!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Horses for courses. Some of our members have Android devices and swear by them. I am thoroughly sold on Apple, to the extent that I'm replacing my entire computer system with their products.

The words don't exist in the English language for the hatred and loathing I have for Microsoft (there, I said it). I hope the Surface tanks, and takes MS with it. That, of course, is just my opinion. It sucks, but I'm entitled to it.

Whatever your opinions about electronics, we are pleased you could join us, and hope you'll find the forum a great place to hang out. Close to 300,000 people have come through these doors, and the more that decide to stay for the long run, the better the forum becomes.

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Horses for courses. Some of our members have Android devices and swear by them. I am thoroughly sold on Apple, to the extent that I'm replacing my entire computer system with their products.

The words don't exist in the English language for the hatred and loathing I have for Microsoft (there, I said it). I hope the Surface tanks, and takes MS with it. That, of course, is just my opinion. It sucks, but I'm entitled to it.

Whatever your opinions about electronics, we are pleased you could join us, and hope you'll find the forum a great place to hang out. Close to 300,000 people have come through these doors, and the more that decide to stay for the long run, the better the forum becomes.

+1,000,000,000,000,000

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
By the way, I'm not going to monkey with my PC until I get an iMac, but once I have that, I would be very interested in stripping out the hated Vista from the PC, and converting it to Linux.

I'll certainly be looking for advice when that happens.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Vista is horrible compared to windows 7. Windows 7 rocks!

If we are talking surface pro, that the same IE as on any windows PC. Even the RT version is just a recompile. No biggie that it works better than a mobile browser.

The nexus 10 running 4.2.2 is really sweet. But so is any iPad.

Most reactions