What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok another issue with ipad...( not mini)

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hen I did the new update i set up cloud properly, ( i think) and it now has a passcode I need to put in every time i use the iPad think it was in the find my ipad section, well i ind it rather annoying, how do i get rid of that password thing ( I need to put in 4 number to be able to use the ipad.....as I never leave the house or take the ipad anywhere much I really don't need it...any ideas on how to remove the 4 number password thing......I have switched off find my iPad but still need the 4 numbers to open iPad

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go to Settings > Passcode > turn passcode off. (For iOS 7.1)

For iOS 7.0.6 and below : Settings > General > passcode > turn passcode off

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did That have it turned off yet I still have to put the 4 digits in

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did That have it turned off yet I still have to put the 4 digits in

1. To turn of the passcode, you will have to enter your passcode first.

2. Please post a screenshot of where you are needed to enter a password. Please make sure you do not reveal any personal information.

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1. To turn of the passcode, you will have to enter your passcode first. 2. Please post a screenshot of where you are needed to enter a password. Please make sure you do not reveal any personal information.

How do i do a screen shot ?

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1. To turn of the passcode, you will have to enter your passcode first. 2. Please post a screenshot of where you are needed to enter a password. Please make sure you do not reveal any personal information.

When the ipad is left sitting for about 10 mins it goes to sleep sort of, so when i slide the screen to use it the password thing comes up on the screen befor I can do anything

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When the ipad is left sitting for about 10 mins it goes to sleep sort of, so when i slide the screen to use it the password thing comes up on the screen befor I can do anything

Thats what I said at first - Settings > Passcode > Turn passcode off. You will have to enter your passcode first then it will no longer prompt you.

These are the steps only on iOS 7.1. On earlier versions of iOS - Settings > General > Passcode > Turn passcode off.

OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
not sure if you can see clearly

Attachments

• image-1093551499.jpg
    image-1093551499.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 180
OP
clermont

clermont

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Finally it is off, about 5 times i have done it and it looks to be working this time :)

Most reactions

Latest posts