What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official IFTTT iOS Application Comes to iPad Users

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
screen480x480.jpeg

IFTTT (If this then that) has been much awaited by iPad users, and now it has finally been released on iTunes. For those who aren’t aware of the service, it lets users to connect different web applications, like Facebook, Evernote, Weather, Dropbox, with simple conditional statements known as "Recipes". So, for example, you can email someone photos from your iPad album if you are currently travelling at a particular spot. Or, if it rains tomorrow, you can enable a notification to be displayed. And now this awesome tool has come to the iPad.

Put the internet to work for you. IFTTT lets you create powerful connections with one simple statement — if this then that. Activate your Channels and create Recipes on IFTTT! Channels are services like Facebook, Gmail, Twitter, as well as devices like Philips Hue, Belkin WeMo, and UP by Jawbone. Recipes are connections between your Channels that unlock entirely new ways for your services and devices to communicate with each other. We’re adding new features all the time. Download now and stay tuned!

The app come with a size of less than 20 megabytes, and will require iOS 7 work. You can follow the link from below and download the free app.

Source: iTunes

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
To automatically upload photos from the Camera Roll to an online storage, e.g., without having to do it every time by yourself.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To automatically upload photos from the Camera Roll to an online storage, e.g., without having to do it every time by yourself.

That might be a purpose, not the purpose. The app lets you program your Internet services to make thinks happen according to conditions you define. It a cool idea, frankly.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This was just an example. It can do a lot more than just load photos to apps. It's not only cool, it's great, imo.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think I could use this to upload my pictures to facebook automatically. So I won't have any use for iCloud anymore.

Anyways this is a great app! You guys should check it out!

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So here is the problem, this does not sync photos or other files if the app is closed. It doesn't run in the background, it only does when your location changes. So when I want to sync my photos to facebook, I have to open the the IFTTT app. Still makes it easier though.

It also has some great uses too. I can now save all my screenshots to an album named "Screenshots" by just opening the IFTTT app. Of course it still takes time but its easier. I can also get notifications when a paid app goes free, or know the weather. It gives me daily notifications. I would want to use this rather than, using location services to know the weather, or download another app. Or search the web.

Really, this just made things easier for me. If only it could run when its closed :/ but still, this deserves 5-stars!

Most reactions

Latest posts