What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar time 3 hours off

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I can't figure out how to fix it! I am set for New York time zone, the correct day, date and time, the map knows where I am, but all my appointments show up 3 hours ahead of schedule (something scheduled for 9:00 will appear on the calendar at 6:00). Help!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably won't help, but go into Settings >> Mail, Contacts, Calendars >> Time Zone Support and make sure it is on. If it is on, you can also try turing it off to see if that makes a difference.

Also, depending on what service (if any) you are syncing you calendar with check the settings there. Sometimes the location and time zone settings are in conflict, and that causes problems when they sync.

OP
slothead

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Thanks twerpoet. I found the problem thanks to your lead. I never saw the Time Zone selection in the Mail, Contacts, Calendar page. It was set to Cupertino. Why it wouldn't have been adjusted for the New York setting in Time Zone (General) is beyond me, but it was different.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Glad to help. The Cupertino setting is default, but I am surprised to see that it didn't get changed when you activated the device.

Reaction score
iPad calendar three hours off

Thanks for the help I found here. I would never had spotted the sneaky Cupertino setting if I had not found this thread.:eek:

Most reactions

Latest posts