What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Obama: Too Much Information Bad - Can't Work an iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since Obama is one of the most intelligent presidents ever if he had the time he would have no problem with iPad. I wondered how long it would take before the Limbaugh ditto heads found something else to accuse the president. Stupidity is not a problem for him.
Let's stay away from this kind of rhetoric.

dp118

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thread Violates Forum Rules

HAMPTON, Virginia — US President Barack Obama lamented Sunday that in the iPad and Xbox era, information had become a diversion that was imposing new strains on democracy, in his latest critique of modern media.

"With iPods and iPads and Xboxes and PlayStations, -- none of which I know how to work -- information becomes a distraction, a diversion, a form of entertainment, rather than a tool of empowerment, rather than the means of emancipation," Obama said.

Read Further

Sure, information is bad for a democracy? Can't work an iPad or iPad? Um, yeah.

As often happens on these forums, personal political views bolstered by out of context statements take on a life of their own. Too bad it has happened so quickly on this forum with such a bright future.

This thread has devolved beyond a reasonable discussion of the iPad. It now violates Forum Rules, specifically rules one and three. It is "objectionable" and contains "personal attack" postings. Time to advise the Forum Administrator and pull this thread or put it into the "Anything Goes" area.

Last edited:
OP
NumbLock

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This thread has devolved beyond a reasonable discussion of the iPad...

Did you read the article? This was a "misstep" in the direction of our entire information-based culture. You and me, and specifically the iPad.

Like I said before, everyone biffs one once in a while. I'm sure they'll issue a correction tomorrow for our obvious misunderstanding. :D

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
This has been a wonderful forum and I really enjoy it. Let's keep Iets keep it that way. Thanks. :)

Agree 100%

I am as right-wing as they come, but this forum is NOT the place for this kind of talk. This thread needs to be locked

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Obama is an A**hole. End of story!!!!!

As much as I dislike the politics of our current administration, this type of idiocy is not acceptable here. Politicians say stupid things because they try to appeal to the low end of the spectrum. It goes for both parties. One pushes government as a way to push enlightened policies that will allow government to take all your worries away, and your money. The other wants to bring religion to our lives and to promote industry. If you think independently, they do not want you.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Read this: Barack Obama reveals his iPod playlist | World news | guardian.co.uk

He stated in the article that started this thread that he didn't know how to use any of these things when he had an iPod himself in 2008.

What a liar. I can't wait for the next revolution to come. No more liberals will hold office in the Federal government for at least 16 years.

November can't come soon enough!

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has been a wonderful forum and I really enjoy it. Let's keep Iets keep it that way. Thanks. :)

Agree 100%

I am as right-wing as they come, but this forum is NOT the place for this kind of talk. This thread needs to be locked

Real right wingers are libertarians or better yet play with a left winger center, two defense men, and a goalie at the same time.

Save the constitution this November, please!

dpizzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can care less whether any politician can use an iPad, XBox, or any other gadget, or not. I do find it troubling that he thinks information is merely a distraction, or diversion. If anything it's a distraction from less important things, which is good for the citizens, but bad for the governments. Makes their agendas of screwing us tougher.

lifevicarious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No more liberals will hold office in the Federal government for at least 16 years.

Wow, your idiocy astounds me.

What are you trying to say?

I'm saying that the idiocy of a statement saying no liberals will hold office for at least 16 years astounds me (especially considering Obama is in office for at least 2.5 more years). And that happens to be your statement. Since you seem to know what next years economy will be like and you seem to know there won't be a liberal in office for 16 years, I'm sure you can figure out what I'm trying to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts